• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Philipsburg Town Council

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well this seems to be the first thread here in quite a while. Changes have occurred in Montana.
OC is alive and well, here, in P'Burg. I have been openly carrying a well holstered 1911 on a daily basis for several years now and most either support or tolerate it. I attended Town Council meetings and OCd. A vacancy occurred on the Council, I applied and was seated on the Council after light resistance. Next week...... off to Helena to observe.
Citizenship is a Verb and now is the time to step up and get involved if you have not already.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well this seems to be the first thread here in quite a while. Changes have occurred in Montana.
OC is alive and well, here, in P'Burg. I have been openly carrying a well holstered 1911 on a daily basis for several years now and most either support or tolerate it. I attended Town Council meetings and OCd. A vacancy occurred on the Council, I applied and was seated on the Council after light resistance. Next week...... off to Helena to observe.
Citizenship is a Verb and now is the time to step up and get involved if you have not already.
Congrats on your appointment...
Thank you my friend. Soon, the governor will sign HB102 and we will have permitless carry. We will have a tough row to hoe for the next four years, persevere.

solus

Thank you my friend. Soon, the governor will sign HB102 and we will have permitless carry. We will have a tough row to hoe for the next four years, persevere.

MSG again, best always and I hope the council is interested and actively participate in the gradual change I witnessed you initiate and pursue to completion while in Bellingham/Whatcom county.

sigh WA's loss...

i'm hoping against everything the spidey senses that are tingling horrifically across this country are not future psychic prediction(s) of things to come!

cheers & keep in touch out here...

ipse

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
MSG again, best always and I hope the council is interested and actively participate in the gradual change I witnessed you initiate and pursue to completion while in Bellingham/Whatcom county.

I shall persevere. We have to fight every time. They only have to win once. Spreading the word and normalizing OC is an every day kind of thing. I went to a reception at the capital last week, Suit, Tie and a well holstered 1911 were my attire. I spoke one on one with the Governor, the AG and about 54 other legislators. The only thing I heard about my pistol was how good looking the grips were. 90% of our households have firearms and 60% carry daily. We even celebrate the RKBA for an entire week, statewide. It feels good to be home.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
sigh WA's loss...
cheers & keep in touch out here...
I have a couple of sites supporting Montana. One is on fazeboog and soon to be deleted one is on MeWe, the fazebbog alternative. find us here........... Share the page link: for daily Montana happenings.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Yes good things seem to be happening in Montana

I normally get to Montana a couple of times a year always enjoy my time there.

I spent two weeks in P'burg about 10 years ago had a good time shooting gophers and shed hunting.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well, well, well. I have had my first "incident" in Montana.

He has been an adversary ever since I first started attending Council meetings. Yes, I do wear a well holstered 1911 while I attend Council meetings with full, FULL support of the other Council members and the Mayor.
I will update as this unfolds.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Since City of Missoula v. Fox, 450 P. 3d 898 - Mont: Supreme Court 2019 has been decided MCA Section 45-8-351 has been amended. Specifically part (2). It appears a county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government cannot regulate licensed conceal carry in Gov. buildings, but they can prohibit open carry.

However 45-8-351 seems to conflict with 45-3-111 and the constitution.

solus

MSG, my sincere empathy towards your he said, you said plight...

a suggestion...immediately, under public record request, get a copy of the council room's video/audio for last nite.

Immediately file charges against the bloke...

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
His history is a thirty year career with detroit pee dee. Now I understand. I found this attitude in the south, the "only LEOs and Military should have firearms". I have not seen a lot of it in northern cities because I stay out of them.
NEWS FLASH. I just got a call from the Mayor and my adversary has tendered his resignation to the Counsel. Maybe this is over.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
His history is a thirty year career with detroit pee dee. Now I understand. I found this attitude in the south, the "only LEOs and Military should have firearms". I have not seen a lot of it in northern cities because I stay out of them.
NEWS FLASH. I just got a call from the Mayor and my adversary has tendered his resignation to the Counsel. Maybe this is over.
Well with luck it is over, but if he really is a gentleman he will apologize. Unfortunately that ability is not in their DNA.

solus

Glad to hear

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well, a new development.
The "adversary" and I both want to drop this. The AG wants to hold a "deferred prosecution" over MY head, for a YEAR for my comments. He has not yet contacted me with this information.
This will not happen. I will not tolerate being accused of assault when I was defending myself. Defending myself, under State law. I have been trained to reply, massively, when attacked. More to follow.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Well, a new development.
The "adversary" and I both want to drop this. The AG wants to hold a "deferred prosecution" over MY head, for a YEAR for my comments. He has not yet contacted me with this information.
This will not happen. I will not tolerate being accused of assault when I was defending myself. Defending myself, under State law. I have been trained to reply, massively, when attacked. More to follow.
Comments??? Free speech comments??? What statute is the AG relying on to defer prosecution?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Well, a new development.
Sounds like money spent to hire a good attorney. Would be a good investment.