• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Ignore Button

LiL Guap

I am starting this thread because certain individuals believe that it is their duty to take over every conversation on this forum. They never add anything to the conversation. They just feel like they have to insert their childish rants as a way to increase their post count.

The two names I would like to begin with are "solus" and "color of law".

If you agree that the conversations are better without their participation then join me in hitting that "Ignore Button" and don't forget to send me a "hell yeah".

Also, if you have any other names for nomination, please let me know.

Last edited:

solus

well since you blatantly initiated a personal attack, allow me to point out yet another flagrant violation of this site's published rules:

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

but since i'm is on ignore...

LiL Guap

I can't read their posts so I am assuming that they both just gave me a "hell yeah".

Anybody else feels it is prudent to hit that Ignore Button?

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

“Personal attack” is often a vulgarity for argumentum ad hominem an argument based on a personal characteristic of the person advancing the argument. There is no argument or syllogism here, merely an expression of distaste.

I have a huuge ignore file but it‘s quite obsolete. Now I rely on my personal discretion to avoid unpleasant personalities. I find it amusing how broadly bashing can be interpreted. A newbie with 12 posts hasn’t had oppotrunity to “harshly criticize“. That he finds rants childish is quite reasonable.

This forum has functioned and suffered from no active moderation for a very long time. Welcome Lil Guap. Pay them no attention. Best not to mention user names.

Last edited:

LiL Guap

6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

“Personal attack” is often a vulgarity for argumentum ad hominem an argument based on a personal characteristic of the person advancing the argument. There is no argument or syllogism here, merely an expression of distaste.

I have a huuge ignore file but it‘s quite obsolete. Now I rely on my personal discretion to avoid unpleasant personalities. I find it amusing how broadly bashing can be interpreted. A newbie with 12 posts hasn’t had oppotrunity to “harshly criticize“. That he finds rants childish is quite reasonable.

This forum has functioned and suffered from no active moderation for a very long time. Welcome Lil Guap. Pay them no attention. Best not to mention user names.
Thank you. I am not bashing anyone. They were discussing an issue, in a childish way in my opinion, so I decided to start my own thread rather than participate in theirs.

No sooner than I start my thread when they come on with their nonsense. When I asked them to respect my thread they don't.

Therefore, the same way they exercise their right to post, others can exercise their right to ignore. I am merely asking the forum to use their option.

They have derailed enough threads already, IN MY OPINION.

American Patriot

Thank you. I am not bashing anyone. They were discussing an issue, in a childish way in my opinion, so I decided to start my own thread rather than participate in theirs.

No sooner than I start my thread when they come on with their nonsense. When I asked them to respect my thread they don't.

Therefore, the same way they exercise their right to post, others can exercise their right to ignore. I am merely asking the forum to use their option.

They have derailed enough threads already, IN MY OPINION.

Welcome to the forum LiL Guap.

Forums today reflect the political, religious, social and highway travelers. There is one or more in every political party and in every church and at every social event and dozens on every highway that either seek to rule or ruin the occasion for everyone else.

Ignore buttons are good for those who have not yet mastered the ability to do so within their own minds. Ignoring people is a skill that comes with much practice and growing a thicker skin.

I was taught in grade that "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." I have continued to practice that in my life ever since.

Do not let others spoil you day and enjoyment of life. Just ignore them and they will eventually go away; seeing that no one responds to their foolishness.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to the forum LiL Guap.

Forums today reflect the political, religious, social and highway travelers. There is one or more in every political party and in every church and at every social event and dozens on every highway that either seek to rule or ruin the occasion for everyone else.

Ignore buttons are good for those who have not yet mastered the ability to do so within their own minds. Ignoring people is a skill that comes with much practice and growing a thicker skin.

I was taught in grade that "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." I have continued to practice that in my life ever since.

Do not let others spoil you day and enjoyment of life. Just ignore them and they will eventually go away; seeing that no one responds to their foolishness.
AP you tried your best to defend cocked&locked over the same antics LiL Guap is trying to pull. It didn't work then and I'm sure it won't work now.