• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by 1Grizzly1

1. 1Grizzly1

Is this standard?

A friend of mine was getting ready to go hunting. He stopped at a Menards to get some supplies. Apparently someone saw his pistol in his door pouch and called the police. They showed up and asked for his permit and ran him for warrants. He was free to go after that. Is that SOP for police in the...
  2. 1Grizzly1

How OC should go.

I went to Maverik on Antelope in Clearfield for a soda the other day. I was OCing and noticed there was a young Clearfield PD officer in there getting a soda as well. I walked by and he gave me a friendly "Hi". I said "Hello". I grabbed my drink and got in line to pay and he stood in line behind...
  3. 1Grizzly1

Defense of habitation laws

imported post Can someone help me with Ca's defense of habitation laws? I am a truck driver and occasionally travel to Ca. I have my firearm stored in a locked case but can't find the definition of what counts as your habitat. Would the sleeper berth of my truck count as that when I am stopped...
  4. 1Grizzly1

Contact with off duty LEO

imported post Had a great encounter with an off duty LEO this morning at the Circle K behind the TTT truck stop in Tucson. I was open carrying and walked in to get coffee. He checked me out for a minute then asked what dept. I worked for. I told him none then he asked about my gun. We talked...