• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ak56

1. ak56

Has your vote been counted?

I don't know about other counties, but here in King County you can check to see if your ballot has been counted. https://info.kingcounty.gov/elections/ballottracker.aspx Just checked and neither mine nor my wife's has been counted yet. I'm going to keep track to ensure that mine hasn't been...
  2. ak56

Another MAIG member in trouble

Seems they just can't keep themselves out of trouble N. Miami mayor surrenders in mortgage fraud case
  3. ak56

Washington Businesses that Ban Guns

Words are not necessary.
  4. ak56

Boston Blog erm Globe

Banning extended clips such as these would have the same effect on preventing violence as banning extended magazines would.
  5. ak56

What would you propose Washington's State Official firearm...

Victor Dewey 12 guage shotgun. In reality, any of the generic hardware-store shotguns. This is the one my grandfather used when he homesteaded in Washington a century ago.
  6. ak56

The Seattle and East of Lake Washington OC report

OK, we have the South Sound OC Report, which says it's for South of Seattle to Olympia... and the North Sound OC Report, which says it's for North of Seattle to Everett... I'm feeling left out, so I'm going to plug the hole in the middle with... The Seattle and East of Lake Washington OC...
  7. ak56

OC'd from Washington to Texas (almost)

Left from Carnation about 1PM Saturday driving a 17ft U-Haul truck. OC'd in many Gas stations and Rest Areas in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and New Mexico. Concealed when leaving the gas station in Texico, about 100 yards before the Texas border. Arrived in Lubbock 8:30 Monday evening. Not...
  8. ak56

Finally got a big-boy gun.

Well, after trying lots of guns of different brands, in different calibers, doing research, firing more guns, reading reviews, more research, throwing darts, firing more guns, checking my horoscope, rolling dice, firing more guns, flipping a coin, shopping around... ...I finally ended up...
  9. ak56

OT But Self Defense related

I always laugh when I see the 'sheepdog are always on the alert' type statements. What you don't see in this picture are the two sheepdogs resting in the shade next to my truck, while the shepherd has to climb the hill after the strays.
  10. ak56

First time OC in Carnation on Saturday

imported post THE GUY: For most of you who have not met me, I'm an overweight fifty-something white guy - yes, I fit the stereotype. THE GUN: Since I got interested in carry while unemployed, and have only recently returned to work, I have bills to pay before I can invest in a new gun, so all...
  11. ak56

Memorial for Officer Mundell

imported post I'm planning to head down to Tacoma tomorrow. Anyone else?