• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by anmut

1. anmut

Carry at the YMCA?

Dropped by boy off their today, didn't see any signs on the doors. I know there's a day care within the building during the work week - is that covered under school zones? I stared pretty hard at the doors inside and out and didn't see any signs. Surprising, really.
  2. anmut

FateOfDestinee

Apparently she's from Milwaukee - anyone ever run into her? OC supporter or just another Youtube talking head?
  3. anmut

MN Gun Laws - Also any Utah Permit Classes Soon?

I'm going to a family thing in the Twin Cities in November. It looks like I'll have to unload and store my handgun when I cross the state line. I'll be still bringing it with me - any "gotchya" laws I have to worry about when I get to the hotel though? Also, thinking about this pisses me off...
  4. anmut

Conversation with Handgun Hotline lady today

While waiting for the WI handgun background check "hotline" woman to give me some info on a purchase for some customers, we were bs'ing about the CC applications. They process the CCL's at the same dept as the HH and she told me that they can't believe how many people were still sending in...
  5. anmut

Wife finally got her CCL...

Number 1999XX We are just days from pulling 200,000 CCL holders in WI. Does anyone know what percentage of the legal/law abiding population is?
  6. anmut

"Open Carry" the new ewww word in the gun community.

Obama's divide and conquer is working - and it wasn't even his idea! I see more people every day in different forums and blogs jumping on the "oc'er are trouble makers and not part of the 2nd Amend. movement." The way I see it - OC is in real danger of being made illegal in areas where the...
  7. anmut

Starbucks To Post At Their Stores

Well my days of Starbucks was over after their Newtown hissyfit. Looks like my premonition was correct - the liberal, over-priced coffee shop has sent official notice to ban firearms. Well, at least the legally carried firearms. Criminals, murders and robbers are, as always, exempt...
  8. anmut

"New Law" to allow WI to buy long guns over state lines??

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/viewart/20130916/GPG0101/309160207/GOP-Let-Wisconsin-residents-buy-out-state-guns Basically they are saying that this new law would drop the restriction on long guns being sold over state lines to WI residents. But... if I want to buy a gun, hand gun or long...
  9. anmut

CCL Backlog?

Coworker sent his in about three weeks ago. He said he called and they said there was a 30 day backlog. Whoa! My cousin got his earlier this summer and it was a speedy 4 business days, as was mine over a year ago! Anyone else know why the slowdown? Are there really that many people applying...
  10. anmut

The time to attack local WI MAIG members is now...

Below is the list of all the local mayors who attach themselves to Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Take a moment and see if you're city mayor belongs to this gun grabbing foundation and send them an email or make a phone call. Remind them of the successful recalls in CO against their...
  11. anmut

Is it time to fine a new coffee place? Starbucks caves...

It looks like the Newtown CT Starbucks closed early so a meetup there of OC folks wasn't able to happen. While I support their right to make that decision, I'll be vocalizing my right to spend future money on coffee at a different location...
  12. anmut

Central Wisconsin Peeps

Anyone anyone? I know we used to have phred and a couple others - anyone still on this board?
  13. anmut

Interesting Map...

Found this today: http://www.cato.org/raidmap?type=1# It's a map of paramilitary police raids that were botched. The ones in Wisconsin - I don't remember hearing about any of them. These police departments must have had some good PR people.
  14. anmut

Acmebullet.com out of Germantown WI - Awesome service!

First - I don't work for them - but I had to give this company a shout-out after an experience I had with them buying .223 brass. The story: Bought 500 once-fired .223 cases from them on gunbroker.com. Before I hit the Buy Now button I emailed them and asked if the brass is crimped and they...
  15. anmut

Racine County Sheriff Deserves an ATTA BOY

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/q-a-sheriff-schmaling-weighs-in-on-the-gun-debate/article_5fb6b326-99b0-11e2-9950-0019bb2963f4.html What is your opinion about universal background checks, where checks would occur for private individuals selling guns and guns sold at gun shows? I am opposed...