• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by bigdaddy1

1. bigdaddy1

American Community Survey

I got one of of those Census surveys, came complete with threats. What questions can they ask and what questions can I ignore legally?
  2. bigdaddy1

Got an American Community Survey

I got one, they say there are "penalties" if I don't answer their intrusive questions or answer incorrectly. What questions can they legally ask and what questions can I legally ignore?
  3. bigdaddy1

Twittering

For those that use Twitter, there is a new movement to help reduce the Liberal tactic of getting patriots banned from Twitter. Its not my idea so I don't want to publicly post the information so PM me if your interested.
  4. bigdaddy1

Looking for a concealable .40

My open carry sidearm is a .40 cal, so I would like to find a sidearm chambered the same for concealed carry. Any suggestions?
  5. bigdaddy1

Coalition for lies on facebook. Can we provide them with the truth?

https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?sk=timeline I will post an example from our own no need for a gun thread, if anyone else would like to follow suit.
  6. bigdaddy1

Article on Jesus Gonzales in Milwaukee Magazine. July issue

I'm sitting in the Urgi-med office waiting room with my son, pick up a magazine because I notice it has an article about beer. Thumbing through the magazine I come across a picture of Jesus Gonzales and the story of his imprisonment. Don't know if anyone else read it or not, I didn't know it...
  7. bigdaddy1

Colorado shooter found to be left wing radical

http://www.examiner.com/article/occupy-black-bloc-member-james-e-holmes-shoots-up-aurora-co-movie-theater
  8. bigdaddy1

OK, whats the scoop on the UN gun treaty?

I hear some say it wont affect us, I hear other say the Senate will never authorize it and some say we are doomed. Is there a concise easy to understand summary of what this treaty is all about?
  9. bigdaddy1

Mother in law and CCL

I was talking to my mother-in-law yesterday and found out she is going to get a CCL. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that. My wife was very surprised. She said "Mother, what to you need a gun for?" She saw the look of disapproval on my face and added a "giggle". As I said before my wife...
  10. bigdaddy1

Do you still "pat"?

I have been open carrying for some time now and still find myself occasionally patting my sidearm to make sure its still there and secure. I try to do it nonchalantly as possible but still feel every eye is on my sidearm as I am "reaching" for it.
  11. bigdaddy1

Firearms and hot tempers.

The thread about road rage got me thinking. When Wisconsin got concealed carry I had some concerns about hot tempered people that barring any legal disqualifications could now carry a gun. When I first started open carrying I was nervous about how I might react in any given situation. I...
  12. bigdaddy1

Todays voting day, don't forget to show your support for Walker!

Vote for Walker today, Barrett is tomorrow.:D
  13. bigdaddy1

Ammo storage and moisture

Since moisture is bad for gun power, is it a good idea to store your ammo with rice? I read that if you drop your cell phone in water that putting it in a bowl of uncooked rice will draw the moisture out. If I put some rice in the bottom of my ammo can (army surplus) will that prevent powder...
  14. bigdaddy1

I let my NRA membership expire.

I decided not to renew my NRA membership this time around. I understand the NRA is still the largest and most well funded pro-gun (not pro-2A necessarily) organization, but I just don't feel they are working for what I believe is important in Wisconsin. Besides, I don't need another key chain...
  15. bigdaddy1

Cheaper than Dirt ad on radio

Heard an add for Cheaper than Dirt on AM620 this morning. When the ad started I almost thought it was an ANTI ad by the somber music in the background and the opening topic line was something like "owning a gun is a serious decision..." I cant remember hearing any firearms ads in Wisconsin...