• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by California Right To Carry

1. California Right To Carry

Status of California Open Carry Lawsuit - Charles Nichols v. Edmund Brown, Jr., et al

Mr. Moderator, please do not delete the post, it perfectly captures the caliber of mental midgets opposing me.
  2. California Right To Carry

Status of California Open Carry Lawsuit - Charles Nichols v. Edmund Brown, Jr., et al

Feces throwing monkey boys Have you noticed how others are free to throw their feces at me and yet when I respond my responses are deleted while their posts remain?
  3. California Right To Carry

PERUTA V. SAN DIEGO CERT PETITION - JANUARY 12, 2017

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry – January 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM – San Diego Sheriff Gore’s attorney quickly responded to my request for the cert petition filed in this case. The same cannot be said of the attorneys for Orange County Sheriff Hutchens who never...
  4. California Right To Carry

Two More Concealed Carry Appeals Lose

Your post was nothing but incoherent blather which makes it unworthy of a sincere response. Here is your consolation prize for playing...
  5. California Right To Carry

Note to admin, this is the "F-less" version.
  6. California Right To Carry

It is unfortunate that folks are allowed to post anonymously. It would make for an interesting project to map people who hold views like this to various demographics and individual metrics such as intelligence, employment, level of college education, degrees obtained and in what subjects, a...
  7. California Right To Carry

Three More Concealed Carry Appeals Lose The first two decisions came 48 days after the paper copies of the supplemental briefs regarding the Peruta v. San Diego concealed carry decision were distributed. The decisions are unpublished, which means they do no harm, and very short. They...
  8. California Right To Carry

Flanagan et al v. Harris et al - NRA Open Carry Lawsuit - But Not Really

I thought I had created a thread about this case before but I couldn't find it. No matter, as I predicted AG Harris filed a motion to dismiss. The briefs can be found at my website here. UPDATE November 2, 2016: The motions to dismiss are now online. Motion hearing set for February 13, 2017...
  9. California Right To Carry

Open Carry Win in the 9th Circuit - Murphy v. CNMI Government

A pro se plaintiff managed to do what none of the so called gun-rights groups were able to do. Probably because all of the so called gun-rights groups were so busy trying to uphold prohibitions on Open Carry. Plaintiff: Paul Murphy and CNMI Case Number: 1:2014cv00026 Filed: December 24, 2014...
  10. California Right To Carry

Another concealed carry lawsuit bites it!

This time it was a CalGuns.nuts :banana: concealed carry lawsuit out of Santa Clara County which went down in flames -> Scocca v. Smith. Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry – September 30, 2016 – After notifying the Madison Society that it was dropping its...
  11. California Right To Carry

McKay v. Hutchens Preliminary Injunction denied again - Peruta ramifications

No en banc petition filed The deadline to file an en banc petition has now come and gone. This appeal is dead. http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=1971
  12. California Right To Carry

NRA and open carry

Birdt v. San Bernardino Sheriff - Concealed Carry - Lost Well, it certainly took long enough to dismiss this case with prejudice. The Full Court petitions in Peruta v. San Diego/Richards v. Prieto were denied on August 15, 2016 and the final mandate was issued on August 24, 2016. 160 – Order...
  13. California Right To Carry

2nd Amendment lawsuit brought in Hawaii...

It looks like Baker v. Kealoha is going to crash and burn. The Appellees filed their supplemental brief on the impact of the Peruta v. San Diego en banc decision on the Baker v. Kealoha appeal. I disagree with the Appellees argument that there is no right to bear arms in public but from a...
  14. California Right To Carry

Peruta v. San Diego Full Court Petitions Denied.

Update August 15, 2016 by Charles Nichols – President of California Right To Carry – FULL COURT PETITION DENIED. Now we wait for the mandate to issue (7 to 30 days from August 15, 2016) at which point this case is over as far as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is concerned. All that is left...
  15. California Right To Carry

Well folks, cocked&locked has proven in his many rambling posts that he is neither a lawyer nor an astronaut. I for one don't have anymore time to waist with him. He's going on my ignore list and so I won't be responding to any of his future bloviations. Those one or two of you left here at...