• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ChadW

1. ChadW

Open Carry of a Single-action Revolver

Would having an empty chamber under the hammer be legal for a single action revolver? I am still waiting for my Wyoming permit to come, so open carry is my only option when I drive into Utah. Thanks for any info.
  2. ChadW

Flying to Wyoming, What to do with my pistol

I'm flying to Wyoming this weekend and I want to take my pistol with me. I will be flying out of Raleigh/Durham, NC going to Salt Lake City with a hour layover in Chicago. Coming back I have a layover at Baltimore/Washington, DC airport. I'm going to be on Southwest Airlines all the time...
  3. ChadW

Permit wait times in Washington County

Does anyone know if there is any reason for the processing taking the whole 45 days? The last time I renewed it took about a week. And that was the length I had others tell me it took them. From the way the girl at the clerk's office acted, I am wondering if it is a deliberate attempt to drag...
  4. ChadW

Going to Williamsburg

This fall my family and me are going to the Williamsburg area. What is the low down on carring in the area? We will be going to the Colonial Williamsburg are and Jamestown, maybe Yorktown. Any other suggestion or advice? Thanks for the help.
  5. ChadW

Maybe moving to NW Montana

imported post I may be moving to Columbia Falls, MT in the next few months. I am wondering about the culture of the area. Is it mainly a rural cowboy area or a liberal hideout for California hippes? I am realing just truying to get the lay of the land. I would be taking over as pastor at a...
  6. ChadW

Article on guns in Bristol bars

imported post http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2008-03-03-0005.html Residents discuss permitting concealed weapons in bars Monday, Mar 03, 2008 - 12:55 AM BY Amy Hunter ReporterSend e-mail Biography BRISTOL, Va. – Ron Boggs has been at the...
  7. ChadW

Clinton comes to Abingdon

imported post President Clinton is coming to Abingdon today and I may go see him just to say I have seen a real life President. The question is can I carry at the event? It's being held at Virginia Highlands Community College, a state school. Or does the Seceret Service policy trump state law...
  8. ChadW

Student charged for having weapons on Bluefield College campus

imported post I know he was drunk but, the law against having guns on a school campus only relates to K-12 the way I read it. I really hope this is a mistake on the posession charge. I carried all the time when I was in college in Abingdon. http://www.bdtonline.com/local/loca..._278212400.html...
  9. ChadW

Trouble at the Washington Co. Fair

imported post VA: Harrassed while exercising my right to go armed at county fair http://www.tricities.com/tristate/t...09-23-0005.html Harrassed while exercising my right to go armed at county fair Sunday, Sep 23, 2007 - 12:06 AM BY TONY MCKENNA SPECIAL TO THE HERALD COURIER On a recent...
  10. ChadW

Why you should carry at a museum

imported post This just happened today and reminds you that you could need your gun any time or place. William King Assault http://www.wcyb.tv/newsread.asp?newsid=7561 Date 25October 2006 [line] A man with a gun was arrested in the William King Regional Art Center in Abingdon Tuesday...
  11. ChadW

Bristol area meeting?

imported post Does anyone know of a VCDL meeting in the Bristol area? The closest I have seen is Roanoke. I would be interested in getting involved if I knew what steps to take to get a local chapter started. Thanks for any help.