• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Custodian

1. Custodian

Utah brings back the firing squad

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/executions-by-firing-squad-poised-to-make-comeback-in-utah/ar-AA9DpqR I'm for it. I wish all states, including my own Tarheel state, would use this method, hanging, or the guillotine. That is after the innocent project clears them first that is. Your...
  2. Custodian

What would it take to get this before SCOTUS?

Okay, as we all know, the first amendment, seemingly is not subject to licensure or permission slip, aka a permit. (though the free speech zone, shows how silly the feds can get) And further down the line, the third, fourth, fifth (which is nearly dead) Why is it that the second amendment is...
  3. Custodian

Just an observation

I've heard, without cited sources, that often when a state becomes hostile for a number of reasons: taxes, immigration, job-loss/career loss, etc. that people will leave en masse, to head to another state hoping to find opportunity. I've heard a bunch of Commiefornians left for Oregon...
  4. Custodian

What would it take to change current arms restrictions in North Carolina?

Supposedly, we have a pretty Republican (If you ask me statist, especially McCrory for harumphing and upholding Steve Troxler's <and his own predecessor's> rule over CC at the State Fair) representation in North Carolina now. What do you think it would take to get, as either a general statute...
  5. Custodian

Is there a Mexican problem and if so what is the solution?

I keep hearing about illegal immigration from Mexico. To put it out there, my family emigrated to these United States from the former British commonwealth crown colonies in the Caribbean. So, I am a first generation, Caribbean American. My father was deported in 1975, for remaining in the US too...
  6. Custodian

(Concealed) Carry Beyond Guns and more

Whether he realizes it or not, but the forum members and posters, bulldawg1964 - Workplace - Is a C&C required? & Tucker6900 - Carrying a sword? <Iowa forum> , inspired this post with his talk of a CCP. Now, we don't have Concealed Carry Permits or even Concealed Weapon(s) Permits in the great...
  7. Custodian

The other place in the American Empire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASSOQDQvVLU&list=PLqs5ohhass_QZtSkX06DmWOaEaadwmw_D After watching this quick video on the American Empire, in the section named US territories, I'm surprised that American Samoa is not listed... how come? Does the US constitution not apply there? Do they not have...
  8. Custodian

My Open Carry Vacation

imported post From Thursday to Sunday I went on vacation for the first time in years. (Not one of those lame "staycations" I seem to take ever so often) My journey took me from Durham, North Carolina to Richmond, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Newport News, Virginia. I open carried a...
  9. Custodian

Does anyone open carry with a shoulder rig?

imported post Sometimes I don't want to carry that big ol' Hi-Point. I still haven't picked up enough magazines to effectively carry the Browning HP-DA/BDA 380. However, I am squared away with my Bersa Thunder. I figured when I bought my new suit I'd buy a shoulder rig to "complete the look."...
  10. Custodian

Was looking up North Carolina protection laws and came across this...

imported post I'm in college (which is why I haven't posted in a while), trying to get my Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - maybe one day if I don't go into law enforcement or into the military (want to go in as an Officer in the Military Police Corps) I may try law school or a Masters...
  11. Custodian

Hammer or Hammerless?

imported post I bought a copy of my department's official, non special unit sidearm, the S&W M&P 40. This pistol is hammerless and without mechanical safeties in the .40 S&W cal. Simply put this weapon is hot when you rack the slide. I got a friend who hates these types of weapons. He prefers...
  12. Custodian

Guns Akimbo d/b/a Dual Handguns

imported post I went out over the last weekend for target practice and fired some rounds off, felt good as usual. My friend then lent me his handgun, so I could go "Guns Akimbo". And while I felt pretty slick dual handgunning, I noticed my target looked more like Swiss cheese than perforated as...
  13. Custodian

Voting Armed in North Carolina?

imported post Is this even legal IF it is not in a school zone?
  14. Custodian

Is it time to make Open Carry statute law and NOT common law?

imported post Let's face it, in this litigious society common law just doesn't cut it anymore and rights fade with every passing year your legislators make to please their special interests or agenda. It seems its just time to make Open Carry defined by law because, constitutional rights seem...
  15. Custodian

Riot at Triangle Town Center Mall, Raleigh, NC

imported post http://www.google.com/search?q=Riot+at+Triangle+Town+Center&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a http://outside.in/places/triangle-town-center-raleigh http://www.bullcityrising.com/2008/07/raleigh-mall-me.html...