• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by DocWalker

1. DocWalker

Dam High Capacity knifes anyway.....

Sad story but proves you don't need a gun to do damage... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26959628
  2. DocWalker

Canyon County Fair 2013

So I went to the Canyon County Fair last night to see the Oak Ridge Boys. I have been going to the fair for the last 3 years and have always OC'ed without anyone saying anything; I figured most people didn't even notice. This year as I was entering the gate a cop want-a-be tells me I can't...
  3. DocWalker

Boise Zoo

I took my daughter (she has special needs) to the Boise Zoo Saturday evening for a special event for Autism. They also had a Zumba event that my wife was involved with so after my daughter and me walked around the zoo we went and watched the Zumba event. One lady (must have been a California...
  4. DocWalker

Idaho Patriot Thunder

It was a really great day yesterday; I open carried the entire ride and had only possitive comments from people and one or two "you can do that" moments. Most people I know where CCing but I enjoy OCing so I do. I even had one of the BSP guys give possitive feedback while sitting at the park...
  5. DocWalker

Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/burglar-calls-911-himself-163618126.html Got to Love it.... A suspected burglar called 911 after the owner of the home he broke into caught and held him at gunpoint. The suspect, Christopher Moore, placed the emergency call in Springtown, Texas, during the...
  6. DocWalker

Cabella's in Boise.....

Ok Saturday my wife, my friend (who is a cop) and myself are running around Boise. My Friend asks to stop at Cabellas; which was fine as I wanted to look for a holster for my wife's 40 Cal Tauras Millenium that she CC's. I'm OCing my Tauras 24/7 loaded with one in the pipe and my Cop friend...
  7. DocWalker

Kersher Mall, Nampa

Oc'ed last Saturday with my daughter to Kersher Mall in Nampa. I walked all the way up and down the mall and then was approached by an elderly "unarmed" security guard who asked me if I had a permit for my pistol. The fact he was about 70 years old, unarmed, and pretty fragil made me giggle as...
  8. DocWalker

Florida sheriff.......great quote

________________________________________ Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona has. Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest ...no Miranda rights ...no negotiations ...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you ...PERIOD." POLK COUNTY...
  9. DocWalker

Nampa bowl is not oc friendly.....stay away unless you are a criminal

I have been OCing for years without problems. I'm retired USAF and have worked as a corrections officer and federal officer over the pasts 5 years. I also work full time in the medical field. I'm usually dressed in a dress shirt with a tie and dress pants with appropriate shoes. I'm in my...
  10. DocWalker

Interesting OC event yesterday when going to register one of my vehicles.

I live in a small town and went to register one of my vehicles and have always open or concealed carried without issues. I was getting ready to walk into the door and noticed a 5x7 card about two feet from the bottom of the door that said "NO UNAUTHERIZED WEAPONS ALLOWED". I paused for a few...
  11. DocWalker

6 dead, 1 arrested in knife attack on British isle

News story just of the AP, Good thing guns are outlawed in England so nobody could get hurt by a BG. http://news.yahoo.com/6-dead-1-arrested-knife-attack-british-isle-185534980.html
  12. DocWalker

Canyon County Fair

Does anyone know if the Canyon County Fair grounds are public or private. I went to the fair Friday and the signs said no weapons; is it private property or public??? And does anyone know what the legal OC status of the grounds is?
  13. DocWalker

DoDoctors vs. Gun Owners

imported post Doctors vs. Gun Owners Doctors (A) The number of physicians in theU.S.is 700,000. (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. Statistics courtesy of U.S.Dept of Health andHuman Services. Guns (A) The...
  14. DocWalker

My OC LOG

imported post After getting off work Friday 11 July 2008 I drove to Nampa for the Snake River Chilli Cook off. My freind asked me to help him with his entry. I carried my SW 5904 9mm becasue its light and very accurate. I wore a white polo shirt with blue jeans (gun and holster are black) so...