• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by DreQo

1. D

Who in Minnesota has property to shoot on??

x
  2. D

affordable body armor?

Having received multiple ricochets at the range over the years, and with the possibility of getting into the instructor profession, I'm shopping for body armor. So far I see prices starting at $400 and sky rocketing from there. I've seen a few other options, like vests at Fleet Farm of all...
  3. D

P99, SW99, and PPQ magazines and holsters?

Anyone know if the new Walther PPQ uses the same magazines and holsters as the earlier P99 (and SW99)? I used to carry a .40 SW99 back in the day and just found a box full of magazines and holsters. I know the SW99 and P99 gear was all interchangeable. But what about the PPQ? I need to decide...
  4. D

Pistol Expert Badge grips/belt buckle?

I have a 1911. I just got the idea of having a Marine Corps pistol expert badge set inside a nice pair of wood grips. I can't find anything like it online. Has anyone ever seen anything like that? If not, anyone know someone that would be willing to try it? Preferably a fellow Marine so he...
  5. D

How often do you guys OC in MN? Any questions from LEO?

I carried openly in NC for years. It is legal with or without a permit, and generally understood and accept by LEO. They can't stop and demand ID or anything since they know darn well that it's not illegal. Up here in MN though, the waters get muddy. Carrying a gun IS illegal. A permit makes it...
  6. D

Shoulder holster open carry - accidentally

So I recently picked up a shoulder holster for my 1911. Granted, it's primarily a concealed rig, but I found myself unintentionally carrying openly at a restaurant. It's cooooold cold cold here in Minnesota (the low tonight will be -11 F) so I walked into the restaurant bundled up with a winter...
  7. D

bar fight

So, I was at the bar last night. Long story short, one girl in our group asked where her boyfriend was. I said I saw him just a second ago on the stairs talking with someone. She asked who, and I described the brunette girl that he was talking with. About 10 minutes later, I had gone to the...
  8. D

308 or 223?

I'm in the market for a long gun. I've been interested in the springfield m1a for a while now. I like the.308, for power and long range trajectory. I do NOT like the price of .308 rounds, or the price of the rifle for that matter. The .223 "ar" platform is nice. Lighter, cheaper, and more...
  9. D

Need legal assi$tance... *sigh*

So our wonderful judicial system never ceases to amaze me. I have a lot of faith in it, but as of late I'm starting to have my doubts. Some of you may be familiar with my earlier legal woes....well apparently I'm not out of the storm yet. I've been blind-sided by something even more sinister...
  10. D

Need lawyer...

Well the title is pretty self explanatory. Anyone have a recommendation for a good lawyer in MN that would enjoy an interesting firearms and civil rights related case? I have one hell of a story for y'all, but I don't want to disclose anything until I talk to a lawyer, soooo the sooner you...
  11. D

How many of you correct someone when they say "concealed carry permit"?

I haven't been back to the state for long, but I have noticed one terribly irritating tendency. Everyone I have ever talked to has referred to a Minnesota carry permit as a "concealed carry permit". I have, every time, immediately corrected them that it's just a carry permit, no concealing...
  12. D

Upgrading - What to do with old gun + billions of accessories?

Ok, my first full-sized handgun was a .40 S&W SW99. She's a great gun to say the least. I'm starting to have thoughts about an M&P, though. Ok, it's been more than just thoughts...I've held her, I've shot her, I've done everything but put her in my holster. I feel like I've been cheating on...
  13. D

New to MN, but not to carrying lol

Hey guys. I grew up here in this wonderful state, but I've been gone for quite a few years. The Marine Corps drug me down south and I ended up living in NC for quite a while. I love both states, but NC had one thing on MN: legal open carry w/o a permit. Granted I have a concealed handgun...
  14. D

confronted in jville

imported post I keep reading about people that have bad OC encounters. I am convinced at this point that 90% of them could have been good if ya'll just used some common sense... I walked into Dicks sportings goods in jville while carrying openly, which I've done so on multiple occasions...
  15. D

New RIA 1911

imported post Just picked up this beauty recently. It took me over a year to find the right 1911. At less than $500, with a trigger pull that's 100 times better than a Taurus, I couldn't be more satisfied. Hundreds of rounds so far without any failures. I'll be cycling JHPs soon to see what...