• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Felid`Maximus

1. Felid`Maximus

Sad to see no activity anymore.

One thing though: In FLORES vs LAS VEGAS-CLARK COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT, state preemption of firearms was essentially nullified by the Supreme Court of Nevada which argued that the library was neither city or county since it had joint funding. So a county, city, or town ordinance may still be...
  2. Felid`Maximus

Washoe County Commisison Hearing tomorrow regarding Tannerite etc.

The Washoe County Comission is looking to ban exploding targets. Please tell them to oppose the ban Exploding targets are binary explosives that have to be mixed from two separate components. They are only legal to mix at the range because it is illegal to transport them mixed. They require...
  3. Felid`Maximus

Reno, NV CCW Course on Friday 8/8

I held a class on this day.
  4. Felid`Maximus

Tuesday NV CCW Renewal Course

I'm doing a CCW renewal course on Tuesday, August 19.
  5. Felid`Maximus

Washoe County Candidate Information

It is kind of last minute, so I apologize, but I have been gathering some notes on candidates to educate myself on who to vote for.... And I figured others might benefit from my notes, so I am posting them here: http://washoeweapons.org/vote2014.htm It is a little rough right now but I'll try...
  6. Felid`Maximus

Reno CCW Courses - $55

Reno NV & UT CCW Courses For those in Reno, I offer the NV and UT CCW classes. My website is here: www.0defeat.com If this type of ad is not allowed here please correct me!
  7. Felid`Maximus

Whitehouse.gov petition to rescind executive order that restricts reimportation.

Just sharing this link to a petition on whitehouse.gov to retract the executive order recently created by the president to prevent re-importation of US military weapons: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/retract-executive-order-against-re-importation-us-military-firearms/Gw1Pc64d
  8. Felid`Maximus

RENO - Free CCW class this Friday 8/15 @ 9:00 AM (2 slots)

RENO - Free CCW class this Friday 8/16 @ 9:00 AM (FULL-NO LONGER AVAILABLE)) Friday at 9:00 AM, I am hosting a free 8 hour CCW course in my house in Cold Springs. I had three signed up, but two can't make it. If anyone wants to attend this course, let me know.
  9. Felid`Maximus

OC'ing near Denver, how do you know when you've entered Denver?

In a few months I might make a trip to Colorado, and I think I'd be mainly outside of Denver but in the neighboring municipalities, like Golden and Lakewood. Sadly, Colorado does not recognize my Nevada permit. Nor does my Utah permit work because I am not a resident of Utah. So while in...
  10. Felid`Maximus

Uncased Long Guns in Vehicles.

I was discussing the law with an NRA certified shotgun instructor, and he said that long guns have to be locked and encased in a vehicle in California. My understanding is, that in a vehicle in California, short of some local ordinance or passing through a state park, a long gun only needs to...
  11. Felid`Maximus

2013 NV legislative Session

I am assembling information about bills in the Nevada 2013 Legislative Session. Here is a table I am trying to keep up to date, describing the effects of these bills and their progress: http://armsinfo.com/nevada/bills2013.htm Remember to contact your assemblymen and senators, and also leave...
  12. Felid`Maximus

Loaded Open Carry in Unincorporated Areas, Dirt Road

So, where I live, in Nevada, I have discovered that if I follow a short short dirt path up a hill right into unincorporated Sierra County, California, it would be a shorter trip than the nearest trip to a place within NV where I could shoot. In Sierra County California, their local ordinance...
  13. Felid`Maximus

Citation Needed: Carry in hotel rooms / Temporary Residences

It has long been discussed that inside of one's hotel room or campsite one can have their firearm loaded, (and concealed too?,) but I was wondering if someone could point me to the law or case law that establishes this as legal. I did some searching, but couldn't seem to find it, and I figure...
  14. Felid`Maximus

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 made CA legal w/ Solar Tactical grip?

Since carrying/transporting a rifle is a pain, and handgun carry will be much tougher come January, I was thinking a folding rifle like the Sub-2000 would be nice for visits to CA. It could easily fit in bags when folded. Some suggest that a Sub-2000 would be legal in California if you added...
  15. Felid`Maximus

AB 809 effect on out of state visitors?

Question: AB 809 effect on out of state visitors? Under current CA law, one can bring in an unregistered handgun if they are visiting. Unfortunately, unless if AB809 is vetoed, AB 809 will expand the registration scheme. I know it adds the registration of long guns. But it doesn't require that...