• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by georg jetson

1. G

The Lazy Gator OC discount

I'm just passing this on. The Lazy Gator is a bar on the water in Diamondhead Ms. I've visited twice in a months time and both times the bartender gave me a 10% discount for ocing. I didn't see any written ads, but the bartender made sure to let me know both times. It was nice not only to not...
  2. G

Taking constitutional rights seriously during COVID-19 pandemic Government is only valid when it respects individual rights that the U.S. Constitution

Ok. I guess their thin facade of independence still works on some. It is a striking coincidence that state run media "NPR" seems to mirror most legacy media.
  3. G

Taking constitutional rights seriously during COVID-19 pandemic Government is only valid when it respects individual rights that the U.S. Constitution

But Solus... because we don't follow the Constitution then we have state media which produces fear etc...
  4. G

An Introduction to Constitutional Law. 100 SCOTUS cases everyone should know

Sorry about being a bit late to the discussion. It is a bit hard for people to understand that what is called 'Constitutional Law' today, is actually 'anti-Constitutional Law'. It's the culmination of all of the jargon passed off as excuses to bypass the amendment process. Ghost1958 I...
  5. G

Arrested for carrying a concealed firearm in Florida!!

That's not the case. As has been covered in the FLA forum many, many time, there are activities in that state where OC is protected. I was camping there just this past weekend in Navarre and OCed the entire time.
  6. G

Shaggy's restaraunt anti 2A

I delayed posting this in the earlier part of the year because when I saw their "no weapons" sign, I emailed them to clarify and give them a chance to remove the sign. I received no response and I've confirmed their policy is indeed anti-2A. That's a shame because their food is excellent...
  7. G

Asked to not go in the public areas with sidearm at Drury Inn

I've been asked as a consideration to other guests not to OC in the "public" areas of the hotel. I called the manager and he confirmed it is policy. I'll be checking out in the morning and finishing the remainder of my business trip elswhere. This occured at the Drury Inn on Countyline Rd in...
  8. G

Rob Maness for Senator...

I just want to make sure all of us OCers here in La. are aware that we have a decent candidate in the 2014 Senate race. Let's make sure we get rid of Obama supporting Mary and send someone to Washington on the right side of the 2A. His name is Rob Manass. Google search him.
  9. G

Text of Senate Bill 649 (The 'Universal background check)

I saw the SB number in a GCA article and found a link to the text... so for edification and discussion, here's the link: http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/649/text
  10. G

Wayne LaPierre Responds to President Obama's Inaugural Address

Some of this was aired on Piers Morgan's show last night, but it was cut short and then attacked by his liberal guests. Here's the entire speech... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc6A3B5hzps
  11. G

Protest Planned Against New York State Gun Law

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Protest-Planned-Against-New-York-State-Gun-Law-187468251.html "Saturday afternoon, more than a thousand people are expected to pack into Niagara Square." Anyone know what the actual turnout was?
  12. G

Thank you Chris Hedges for fighing the NDAA!!

"The permanent injunction prevents the U.S. government from enforcing a portion of Section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act’s “Homeland Battlefield” provisions." Article here...
  13. G

White House gives cool welcome to bill restricting online ammo sales

Another piece of legislation we need to fight against. "The White House gave a cool welcome on Monday to Democratic legislation that would effectively ban online or mail-order purchases of ammunition in the aftermath of the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater." "The proposal...
  14. G

Reminder: Never talk to the police... Especially FEDERAL agents!!

As law abiding citizens, we need to constantly be reminded of how important it is that we never engage in investigatory conversion. That holds true even more so for LAC encountering FEDERAL agents. Please read... http://library.findlaw.com/2004/May/11/147945.html How to Avoid Going to Jail...
  15. G

Background on the federal Three Level System of scrutiny

Here's a case heard before the La S.C. that gives some background on the federal 3 level system of scrutiny. http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=13496675118815612179&q=strict+scrutiny&hl=en&as_sdt=4,19 See Section 4 A. The Federal Three-Level System Is An Inappropriate Model for...