• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by GoldCoaster

1. G

Our diminuitive senator responds.

I got some spam mail from Senator Blumenthal the other day and took the liberty of demanding he aggressively help Issa and crew against that contemptuous Attorney General Holder. Here is the response I got today: Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the “Fast and...
  2. G

Taking the lead with the legislature

imported post I'd be interested in what CT residents would be interested in with regards to repealing useless or nonsensical firearms statutes. My thoughts are as follows: 1. The CT Assault Weapons Ban is idiotic, all it does is keep law abiding folks from owning brand name AR-15's when you...
  3. G

Failure mode on a S&W M&P 45

imported post I'm a lefty (not to be confused with leftist) and own a Smith and Wesson M&P 45. I've reversed the magazine release so I can eject the magazine using my left hands thumb. Other than that the pistol is stock setup from the factory. The mag release button is designed to be changed...
  4. G

Kuck and Goldberg Cases

imported post I see the pictures of you guys on the trains. Is there a write-up of the days events?
  5. G

Open Carry Connecticut: CCDL Inc's first annual picnic a huge success!

imported post The CCDL is having their picnic in Boothe Memorial Park in Stratford CT today from noon until 4pm. Date:Saturday, September 5, 2009Time:12:00pm - 4:00pmLocation:Boothe Memorial ParkStreet:5744 Main St PutneyCity/Town:Stratford, CTCarry on!
  6. G

Good job they weren't trigger happy for no ID! (not gun related)

imported post Kind of a sad state of affairs on the Jersey Shore, it's a good job they didn't taze his poor butt and throw him in the slammer for walking around with no ID otherwise there'd be some pissed off fans. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090815/D9A334600.html
  7. G

What constitutes an "arsenal" in NY nowadays?

imported post For those of you on Long Island, it turns out that an arsenal is now comprised of one shotgun, one rifle, and 500 rounds of ammo. The lady in the story sounds like a nut, but unless taking pictures is a crime I can't see how she got charged...
  8. G

CCDL Meeting minutes May 12, 2009

imported post Respectfully submitted: Meeting Minutes for CCDL 4th meeting May 12, 2009 New members (welcome) Ed Peruta Rocky Hill – and other locations Nick Naugatuck Brian Newtown Kevin Willington Steve New Fairfield Dave Milford Tony Norwalk 17 members attended. The meeting was called...
  9. G

Bridgeport - new dealer

imported post Good news! I took junior to the range today to shoot the 22 and I sent a few 45's down range as well. The Bridgeport Shooting Range now has on site Park City Tactical (I believe is the name) a fully stocked gun store right on the premises. I had a quick look in there and he was...
  10. G

Stratford's mayor and carrying a pistol

imported post There's a funny thread going on in the Topix forum. Looks like a cop is putting his 2 cents worth in about what a permit allows and what it requires. Kinda fun. http://www.topix.net/forum/source/connecticut-post/TEGAO9L0K6CLSSU0B#lastPost
  11. G

View from someone who had to make the choice

imported post I didn't see this posted yet - apologies if it was and I didn't see it. An article written by someone who was faced with a threat and dealt with it. http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_10219218?source=most_emailed GC
  12. G

Not quite a carry question.

imported post I'm planning on going up to Maine for a few days (not in any cities) and would like to bring my pistol with me. I have a carry permit in CT but there's no reciprocity between the two states. I will need to get where I'm going via car so can I legally transport the weapon in the...
  13. G

Securing guns and ammunition in the home

imported post I've recently purchased a 45 handgun and have some long rifles that I've had since my teenage years. I've got kids in the house as well (9/11) and we've had a frank discussion about firearms, safety, rules if you find one (NRA eagle thing). My question is this, in order to...