• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Good Citizen

1. G

Board of firearms examiner's scheduling 2018 WTF!

I recently went to the board of firearms examiner's website and saw that they were scheduling into 2018, I'm wondering what the backlog is about and why they're taking so long to hear cases. I have a friend who lives in Waterbury and got his permit in the past 2 months and it took six months...
  2. G

State police Issuing assault weapon certificates for non assault weapons

I like many was disgusted at having to register my firearms and magazines so I waited till last minute and ended up mailing in my certificate on like December 28 by that time there was no one that I can call because they were way too busy, I registered amongst others, a Smith & Wesson M&P 22...
  3. G

Cabellas in east Hartford, making u hand over ur gun

I was at Cabela's in East Hartford this weekend and there was a guy employee with a bright orange vest on sitting at a desk with a sign saying they want to keep all their patrons safe, saying that you had to come over to them hand him your weapon, he cleared the weapon and then wrote something...
  4. G

How Does Dan Malloy Plan to Do IT????

"With conservatively 350,000 "newly termed" assault weapons owners in Connecticut and Dan only winning by about 6000 votes for governor in 2010, how does he expect to get elected?" Any thoughts?
  5. G

CT FORM JD-CL-80 CGS, CT “51-5C”, Lock Restraining order's

CT’s erasure statutes state that nothing in the protective order registry is subject to erasure, it is a black hole of information that is used to attack you when you are applying for a Connecticut gun permit ie. Suitably, & a way to bring up old arrests. Against it’s Legislative intent. LOCK...
  6. G

"Weapons Permit Badge" while open carrying?

Does anyone carry a badge, like a police badge that says "weapons permit Connecticut" on it, while they're open carrying displayed near their weapon. Is having a badge that says weapons permit Connecticut legal to wear. Now I'm not law-enforcement officer bashing but a lot of cops think there...
  7. G

Memorial Day Route 9 in central Connecticut University police open carry detainment

Approximately 40 min. ago I was stopped on Route 9 ID central Connecticut University police, the police officer said that I was brandishing a firearm I was riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle with a tank top on. I was going approximately 65 miles an hour or whatever the speed limit happens to be...
  8. G

!Asking the OC Question at CT police Commission Hearings Across the State!

I was wondering how many members would be willing to attend local Police Comission Hearings and ask the OC question and post the transcript from the Minutes under this thread! We can Post dates and times of the hearing's for diffrent dept's on this thread, and the more that show up the...
  9. G

Protesting bill 1094 (where are the 2a ct group organizers at)

WHERE ARE THE 2A CT GROUP ORGANIZERS AT I would be willing to take Part in a Peaceful Demonstration I would be willing to take Part in a Peaceful Demonstration, by the size of the turn out at the hearing it seems allot would ..... The Best place would be right in front of the Legislators...
  10. G

Legislators Who Have Not Committed to OPPOSING SB 1094

From NoMagBan.com by NSSF! These are the Names of the Legislators, & or potentail socalist's who do not have the intestional fortitued, to reconize this is the Constitution State, & openly declare the Mag Ban is cheap panic useless madness! Let's face it they allready know the way there...
  11. G

The "CAUSE ALARM" trap! Are U going to fall for it!

2 Question’s: 1. Is it possible when you hand out flyers when you open carry, you are in fact officially recognizing that you are doing something that could cause “alarm” and giving a possible technical validation to a breech of peace arrest & or threatening, through your action’s. (CCDL Flyers...
  12. G

Only trouble Makers OPEN CARRY!!! Berlin, CT Police Comission Minutes June 2010

:shocker:Exert from th Berlin, CT PD Police Comission Minutes listed on the Berlin Town Web Site PAGE 3 of 10 Paragraph #3:::: June 16, 2010 minutes:: "Mr. GOOD CITIZEN stated that he would like to know what type of training Police Officers and Disbatchers had with carrying firearms in the...