• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by hp-hobo

1. hp-hobo

Quick Question

I have a quick question for the NC folks. Two actually. 1. I see that permitted CC is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol on premises but I'm unclear on open carry. I don't have a specific place in mind but someplace like a BBQ joint or such. And no, I don't drink. Would OC be legal...
  2. hp-hobo

Trip to Colorado - Questions and Advice

Will be in Colorado for a few days at the end of this month. CO no longer recognizes/reciprocates my home state CWP nor does it recognize/reciprocate non-resident permits so my only (and preferred) way to carry is OC. My understanding is that Denver/Denver county no longer allows OC and can...
  3. hp-hobo

Traveling Through Missouri

Will be traveling through Missouri later this month. I'll be coming from the east on Hwy 60 heading west through Springfield and KC with a two day stop in Poplar Bluff area (looking for retirement property). I have ample permits to CC if I must but prefer to OC when I can. Are there any towns...
  4. hp-hobo

Visiting Gastonia/Cramerton/Belmont

Will be in the Gastonia/Cramerton/Belmont area next month for 3.5 days for a professional seminar. While there I fully intend to OC wherever and whenever legally possible. So my question is, other than being familiar with NC laws (which I already am) are there any tricks, secrets or places to...
  5. hp-hobo

Trip to Smyrna

Good evening all. This is not an OC only post. Just found out I'll be travelling to and staying in Smyrna for a Glock Advanced Armorers course next week. My permits allow me to carry in Georgia and I've familiarized myself with pertinent laws. My question to you is, are there any unwritten...
  6. hp-hobo

Grass Roots Gun Rights' Board of Directors LOSES Law Suit!

http://www.stuffedsuits.com/news/sc-politics/630-grass-roots-gun-rights-board-of-directors-loses-law-suit GrassRoots Gun Rights' board of directors has lost a lawsuit filed by Ed Looney and Ed Lown to bring the organization back into compliance with South Carolina state law governing their...
  7. hp-hobo

Grassroots Gunrights: The Smoking Gun

http://stuffedsuits.com/news/stating-the-obvious/42-stating-the-obvious/312-grassroots-gunrights-the-smoking-gun Something strange is afoot in the SC gun rights community! Grassroots SC, Inc. (also known as “Grassroots Gunrights”) is a well-known gun rights advocacy organization in South...
  8. hp-hobo

*** Action Alert - H. 3292 ***

February 9, 2011 H. 3292 - if amended as GrassRoots proposes - could be the most important pro gun bill this legislative session! H. 3292 could - if properly amended - resolve many gun rights issues in just one bill. Gun owners can - and should - push hard to get H. 3292 amended, and then...
  9. hp-hobo

** Action Alert ** - Help Kill H.3405

*** GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 3405 *** *** IMPORTANT NOTE: The SC General Assembly changed from a direct email system to a submission form on the individual webpage of each lawmaker. The links below will open each lawmaker's page where you must click "Send a message to Representative" then...
  10. hp-hobo

Skill Set: Open Carry

Here we go again... :rolleyes: http://www.thetacticalwire.com/features/223321 Lately I've been getting a lot of questions from students about open carry. "What do you think about open carry?" they ask. Judging by the looks on their faces from my response I don't think my answer is what they...
  11. hp-hobo

Vehicle Storage Question

imported post Looking for an answer I've yet to find about in-vehicle storage. I'll be in Charlotte this weekend for the big goings on. I understand how and where I can and can't carry while in NC and while I'm driving. However, where I can lawfully store my sidearm in the vehicle while not...
  12. hp-hobo

H.3585 Must Die

imported post *** YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS NEEDED *** 3 May 2010 Have you installed a gun safe in your car, boat, motor home or other vehicle? If you have ever done so, and if H. 3585 becomes law, then perhaps you should NEVER sell that vehicle. If someone later buys your car or boat and...
  13. hp-hobo

H. 3994

imported post South Carolina: Parking Lot Bill Removed from Committee Calendar Tuesday, March 09, 2010 Please Contact the Members of the House Judiciary General Laws Sub-Committee! The House Judiciary General Laws Sub-Committee hearing originally scheduled for 9:00 a.m. tomorrow has been...
  14. hp-hobo

Ridiculous?

imported post You betcha! http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2010/02/04/2010-02-04_big_trouble_over_this_tiny_toy_mom_fuming_at_a_lack_of_common_sense_as_son_buste.html An irate StatenIsland mom blasted a grade school principal Wednesday for treating her son like a pint-sized...
  15. hp-hobo

*** GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 4022 ***

imported post *** GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 4022 *** January 27, 2010 As currently drafted, H. 4022 could cause innocent South Carolina gun owners to lose their right to keep and bear arms for life! If passed as written, South Carolina gun owners who rely on H. 4022 and abide by South...