• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Jim40Cal

1. J

Misdemeanor Crime

I have a friend who has a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence charge against him and it happened over twenty years ago down in Warrensberg, Mo. Does anyone know if this would stop him from getting a ccw or maybe getting the charge dropped? He has no other charges on his record. Thanks....
  2. J

K.C. Open Carry Meeting..

What happened to our open carry meetings?
  3. J

Denny's

I think we need to pay them a visit!!! Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S...
  4. J

U.S. Bank Independence, Mo

Walked into a U.S. Bank today to cash a check my daughters gave me, "Gun on Hip" Lady sitting at a desk said Sir, do you have a weapon? I said I do, about 8 eyes were on me at that point. The guy behind the counter said may I help you with a smile and everybody went back to what they were doing...
  5. J

State approves Open Carry Bill (Oklahoma)

Law abiding citizens of Oklahoma who want to publicly carry a pistol on their hip or in a shoulder holster may do so under a bill overwhelmingly approved on Wednesday by the state House of Representatives. The bill, which passed 85 to 9, will now go to the Oklahoma state Senate, where...
  6. J

Cabela's

I thought Cabela's was Open Carry friendly? I just found out it isn't in Kansas... Amanda B: When you get to the store there will be a station in the front for you to check in your gun as we do not allow open carry. James Hatfield: Ok,,I'll go somewhere else,,Thank you
  7. J

Bank of America

I just went to my bank and ccw while there(Bank of America) to get a new debit card and while there I ask the assistant manager what there weapons policy was. She said it was a Federal offense to carry a gun in a federally owned establishment. I said really, she said yes and theres a sign on the...
  8. J

Golden Corral

I just received this email in regards to one I sent to them: We apologize for any misunderstanding. We appreciate your feedback. Since your last visit we have taken down the signs and hopes this meets your approval. If I can be of any more service to you please let me know. We want your...
  9. J

HyVee 23rd & Lee's Summit Rd

Met a couple guys at Hyvee today and they were thanking me for open carrying. I gave them a card and told them we were having a picnic at the lake. I would also like to get a bumper sticker of some sort to put on my truck. Something in the neighborhood of the Open Carry T-shirt I have. We need...
  10. J

K-Mart Independence

Went shopping with the wife Friday night at K Mart (291 & 24 hiway) to buy a mower and while the wife was clothes shopping I noticed a tall man (6'2") and a short (5'6") man in about every aisle. When she was done we went to the other end of the store (There stands short man) and got a lawn...
  11. J

Positive response from retired leo...

While car shopping last night I stopped in Landmark Dodge in Independence. While browsing the cars a salesman came out and introduced himself. He said he noticed I was open carrying my weapon and said he was a retired Blue Springs police officer. He explained to me that he thought as long as it...
  12. J

We made it to California

I have deleted that message.
  13. J

To Mark Alford Fox 4 news

Jim: Mark, I would like to invite you to our open carry meeting this Sat at 4:00 p.m. at 302 Nichol's Rd on the plaza. It just a group of guys who believe in the 2nd amendment and we would love to have you come meet with us. Thanks, James Mark Alford: What business is that? I still want to do...
  14. J

Kansas City Star Plaza

Ok guys I was afraid of this. I got an email today from the reporter after I ask him if he was still on and this was his reply: Question, Are you still on for this Saturday? Thanks, James Sorry I now have to do a post election thing. Still want to do a story. Will get back with you asap...
  15. J

Kansas City Star Nov 6th 4:00 P.M.

Starbucks coffee 302 Nichols Rd, Kansas City, Mo 64112 Nov 6th 4:00 p.m. Bring the wife, bring the girlfriend. Bring the wife and the girlfriend we don't care.