• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by lprgcFrank

1. lprgcFrank

Interesting OC at Congressman Meehan Townhall in Radnor PA today

I open carried my M&P.45 at Congressman Meehan's Townhall meeting today at the Radnor township building - no issues. About 25 folks there. I asked a question on the upcoming debt limit vote and getting some real spending cuts. Got a middle of the road answer. Got interviewed by CNN (video)...
  2. lprgcFrank

Twitter as a way to publicize open carry?

imported post I'm a recent twitter user. I am part of a group top conservatives on twitter - (#TCOT) check out the website http://www.topconservativesontwitter.org/ for an interesting organization model that I think might be applicable to the open carry movement. I'm going to start tweeting...
  3. lprgcFrank

Ditch Water II - Would you like to be able to make hits out to 500 yards with YOUR rifle?

imported post Would you like to be able to make hits out to 500 yards with YOUR rifle? Learn the “Six steps to firing the shot.” Learn correct firing positions and proper sling use. Hear some little-known Revolutionary War history and reaffirm your heritage. Become a more influential citizen...
  4. lprgcFrank

Doubletree hotel in downtown Houston now 30.06 posted

imported post I've been staying in this hotel for a couple years. I came back this week and when coming in tonight I noticed that the hotel has a nice new green 30.06 posting on their front window.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I plan to talk to the GM tomorrow morning and give him a no guns...
  5. lprgcFrank

Jacked up in 30th St. Station - Phila.

imported post Writing this on the bench at 30th st. as I wait for my train. Unpleasant OC encounter today coming from the Philly airport. no issues in the airport - or waiting for the train. A conductor took exception to the 1911 and wanted me to decock or conceal. I told him no and offered...
  6. lprgcFrank

Morton Grove has joined Wilamette in suspending its gun ban.

imported post http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-suburbs-gun-ban_both_27jun27,0,2696560.story Suburbs with gun bans split over impact of court ruling...
  7. lprgcFrank

Wilmette Suspends Local Handgun Ban

imported post http://www.nbc5.com/news/16729972/detail.html WILMETTE, Ill. -- [/b]Wilmette has suspended enforcement of its 19-year-old ordinance banning handgun possession in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision that appears to invalidate such bans :lol: In a 5-4 decision, the court...
  8. lprgcFrank

visiting from PA - first time OC - Corolla

imported post I regularly OC in PA, OH and VA and am in town for a family wedding this weekend. I OC'd at an Exxon and at the Hampton Inn so far - experience is just like home - no issues - (except for the really bad traffic getting from 64 out here) You guys in NC have done a good job making...
  9. lprgcFrank

OC in Phila and Suburbs - 2008 Edition

imported post Going to start my journal of OC'ing for 2008 here.... As a warm up to attending The Great Eastern OPEN CARRY Luncheon MEET & GREET in Palmyra PA today I had an interesting adventure while carrying my 1911 in an OWB holster. Thanks to Useless Air (USAirways) who canceled my...
  10. lprgcFrank

Was told I'm not allowed to have a firearm in a hotel in OH

imported post I work in Canton OH and usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn right by the airport. When I came back to my room tonight, I had a message. The message said that apparently I had a firearm in my room and that since this was against Ohio Law, I needed to put it in my car. WIth the...
  11. lprgcFrank

11th grader asked to write new gun law

imported post My 11th grade daughter has a school exercise to write a new gun law (not a biased perspective from the school at all:cuss:) She is open to rocking the boat in school and asked me to give her examples of good gun laws - She has the constitutional language from PA and VT as...
  12. lprgcFrank

OC Stories Philly Suburbs

imported post After the smackdown in Harrisburg to the anti's this week. I'm doing more OC'ing. Who else is?
  13. lprgcFrank

First time in MT and OC'ing

imported post Just flew into Helena tonight - OC'd once I got to the rental car and in the Fairfield Inn. Not even a second glance from anyone.
  14. lprgcFrank

Any OC experiences in Akron/Canton areas?

imported post I'm going to be taking up temporary residence in this area shortly. I'm from PA and spend a lot of time in VA and OC whenever I can. I've finally figured out how to handle the CC to OC in the car routine. Any thoughts, sugestions? OC friendly restaurants & stores?