• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by mellio

1. mellio

Ten year old spots man with a gun at Fayette Mall Sears.

So I get home and my son and I are looking at a scope I bought for my dad at Dicks. We were talking about guns and hunting when he ask if I saw the the guy in Sears open carrying. I was surprised and said " really? ". He said " Yeah, it was a big ole revolver. Like an ol timey sherriff or...
  2. mellio

Spotted OC at Burger Shakes in Lex.

I was leaving Burger Shakes in Lexington yesterday and saw a guy OC a glock. The people working there didn't seem to have a problem with it. I was leaving though so really don't know what there reaction was. Just wondering if it was anyone on this forum.
  3. mellio

Carry Prohibited On New Legacy Trail In Lexington.

The new Legacy Trail in Lexington is not even open yet and all ready posting no carry rules on their web site. I don't see how they can ban CC when it's not in a government owned building. It's a 12 mile open trail, some of which is on open streets ! Seems wierd they only say no CC. Usually they...
  4. mellio

Local Lexington Ordinance That Prohibits OC.

My wife was in a workplace violence presentation today by a Lexington police officer and was told Lexington has an ordinance against OC ! I asked my wife to ask the officer in tomorrows session the number for that ordinance. I bet he can't come up with one ! I told her about the preemption law...
  5. mellio

Ravens Run in Fayette Co.

In the list of rules on the web site for Ravens Run it list firearms as being prohibited. I know there is a rule (not law, in my opinion) about state nature sanctuaries. Ravens Run is a Fayette Co. park though, so I don't think it would apply. I don't see how they can prohibit firearms in a...
  6. mellio

Do all Scott Co. Parks have this sign?

imported post I have visited two Georgetown parks this week and both have this sign posted. I don't think the rule is legally enforcable. I was just wondering if anybody knows if local LEOs will try to enforce this "rule" if they spot your weapon?
  7. mellio

Hi from a new guy.

imported post Just thought I would say hi. I've been reading this forum for a long time but have never posted. I will probably post from time to time now that I've joined but I don't normally post alot to forums. My dad introduced me to shooting earlier than I can even remember and I've loved...