• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by mnrobitaille

1. mnrobitaille

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

The policy from WalMart Home Office is that they'd prefer no one OC in the stores, however it's up to store-level management to make that decision if to allow or not.
  2. mnrobitaille

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

I prefer to open carry over concealed carry, lately. It just all depends on the plans of the day. Been doing more trips to Costco lately & know their dislike for responsibly armed citizenry, so have to CC when going there. Unfortunately winter is here & been doing a bit more CC over OC.
  3. mnrobitaille

Walmart requesting no one open carry in stores

Another idea is to talk to Walmart associates that support the 2nd Amendment, as associates are allowed to buy stock via payroll deductions.
  4. mnrobitaille

Saugus HS, Santa Clarita shooting

Apparently, the handgun used was homemade: .45 used was unserialized
  5. mnrobitaille

Eastern WA OC Report

While enjoying a snack after work today, I was stopped at The Sushi House on Burden Boulevard in Pasco. While there, had a gentleman ask me what I was carrying, as he noticed the magazines on my right side.
  6. mnrobitaille

WA Insurance Commissioner sues USCCA for violations..

The USCCA program is not insurance, as there is nothing on their website listing the Self-Defense SHIELD as insurance. Mike Kriedler & other states' Insurance Commissioners are classifying it as insurance.
  7. mnrobitaille

WA Insurance Commissioner sues USCCA for violations..

How can lawful use of a firearm be considered illegal activity?? By Washington State's own definition, technically all pre-paid legal services are not allowed as any of those services could be used to conduct/defend illegal activity.
  8. mnrobitaille

You can thank idiots like the one below for Walmart & other corporate entities requesting no OCing. https://fox43.com/2019/09/29/man-carrying-gun-causes-evacuation-at-giant-grocery-store/
  9. mnrobitaille

Since Walmart Home Office sent out the request that we not open carry, I've been in 8 Walmarts while OCing. Nothing was said to me In the negative.
  10. mnrobitaille

Actually Costco wants no one, except law enforcement & armored car guards while on official business, carrying. It's in the membership agreement.
  11. mnrobitaille

how to fix walmart

So far I've OC'd into 3 different Walmarts, after the Home Office mandate, & nothing has been said to me. Apparently in the areas I go, the store management like it when people OC.
  12. mnrobitaille

how to fix walmart

Actually depending on the community, some small businesses get more business because of Walmart. I've noticed, in some situations, that the small business owner changed things up by offering goods/services that Walmart does not. The small businesses that do shut down did not adjust to serve...
  13. mnrobitaille

Walmart....

I did OC in 2 Walmarts today with no issues at all. Just a few looks from customers & associates, but nothing else. The 2 Walmarts I visited are the one on Sprague in Spokane & the one at Airway Heights.
  14. mnrobitaille

Are we firearm owner/carriers pointing fingers at the wrong entities?

There seems to be a correlation between mass shooting events & things happening that shed a negative light on the Democratic Party, or the news happens to be slow.
  15. mnrobitaille

Farmers Market Attendees Angered by Open Carry Demonstrators

Part of the issue with OCing of long guns is how the person is carrying the long gun, which to some can cause warranting alarm.