• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by mnrobitaille

1. mnrobitaille

Halloween carrying??

The city's Trunk-or-treat went well. Several community members showed up to help in the festivities. Thanks to the crazy weather, I ended up wearing a jacket & cc'd for a majority of the time.
  2. mnrobitaille

Halloween carrying??

I live in a small, farming community that enjoys hunting & fishing. Our local bar, which is owned by the city clerk/Treasurer, had a hunter's breakfast. The scaring of the parents would be more likely if I lived along the I-5 corridor in Western Washington. Living in Eastern Washington does...
  3. mnrobitaille

Halloween carrying??

Since Halloween is under 48 hours away, was curious what everyone has planned regarding the evening's activities. I'm gonna be participating in my city's trunk-or-treat, handing out candy/goodies at city hall. My idea is to be costumed as a responsibly armed citizen.
  4. mnrobitaille

Is the police symbolic depiction of the American Flag incorporating a thin blue line a violation of law?

Therein lies the question, of those who are burning the flag as "political speech", how many actually brought their own to do so??
  5. mnrobitaille

Government officials open carrying??

At least I know I'm not the only one here in the forum. Up until recently, I've been a city council member, & until it got changed where OC was disallowed during city council meetings, I regularly OC'd. Reason for saying "Up until recently" is because our Mayor resigned, & as I was Mayor Pro...
  6. mnrobitaille

Eastern WA OC Report

Since Wednesday, August 16th, I've been consistently from one end of Franklin County to the other. On that day, the Mayor of Kahlotus decided that she was tired of things & decided to resign. I, being the Mayor Pro Tempore was asked to, at her resignation, by her request & the support of the...
  7. mnrobitaille

Is the police symbolic depiction of the American Flag incorporating a thin blue line a violation of law?

There is a slight difference between "retiring the colors" by burning a torn/tattered flag, & just out right burning a flag.
  8. mnrobitaille

Government officials open carrying??

I was just curious if anyone knows of any elected/appointed government officials (not counting County Sheriffs/Constables) that regularly open carry??
  9. mnrobitaille

Eastern WA OC Report

Took a trip to Union Gap yesterday to the Skechers Outlet Store to get some new work shoes. Had a few looks from other patrons. After getting shoes, went across the parking lot to Miner's to have lunch. While enjoying my meal, I noticed a few patrons looking my way.
  10. mnrobitaille

Courts, encounters with locking up pistols while visiting.

I'm a frequent visitor to Franklin County Courthouse, cause of being on a couple of boards that meets there. On the sign-in/out sheet for the lockers I was only name listed 8 times in a row. Another reason for being a frequent visitor is cause of divorce proceedings, which were just finalized...
  11. mnrobitaille

Unfortunately that same male deputy was manning the security checkpoint today.
  12. mnrobitaille

Had a bit of a negative experience this morning at Franklin County Courthouse. There were 2 deputies on duty at the security checkpoint (the female deputy knows me, the male deputy did not). As I was showing up when the jury pool was, I had to wait for the lockbox key. The male deputy handed...
  13. mnrobitaille

Disallowing of OC at city council meetings & city offices

Learned something before city council the other day regarding the new regulation: for those that do open carry everywhere they go, how are they supposed to secure their firearm if they are walking?? Not every city council chambers has personnel available to secure firearms, nor are lockboxes...
  14. mnrobitaille

Other gun I normally carry was at home. I dislike the idea of them keeping the key.
  15. mnrobitaille

Only had a single sidearm, so it & accessories fit into one lockbox.