• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by MontanaCZ

1. M

Loaded Gun Statute Used in Helena for Prosecution

No, not really OC related per se, but this controversial law is being used to prosecute in this case. Case in the news: http://www.kxlh.com/news/morgan-charged-after-pointing-gun-at-man-she-thought-was-a-fugitive/ Relevant piece: HELENA - Robin Renee Morgan of East Helena appeared in a Helena...
  2. M

Montana 2013 Legislative Session Gun Related Legislation

Full descriptions and where they are at can be found by going to: http://www.leg.mt.gov/css/sessions/63rd/default.asp and using LAWS to look them up. HB304 - Draft of the Constitutional Carry bill that was passed last session but vetoed by the Governor. Expected to pass this time and be signed...
  3. M

Tea Party Challenging Helena City Gun Ordinance

I saw this in the paper today, and I know that this specific ordinance has been discussed here before. http://helenair.com/news/article_d5464022-9190-11e0-87e2-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story Tea Party Challenging City Gun Ordinance In an ongoing attempt to initiate a review of Helena’s...
  4. M

Montana - Recording of Conversations

imported post I do not believe I have ever gotten a clear answer, and I figured that this would be a good idea to have around. Here is the section of code that I am referencing: 45-8-213. Privacy in communications.(1) Except as provided in69-6-104, a person commits the offense of violating...
  5. M

Accosted by Wal-Mart Manager...

imported post All this time I have been reading about others, and touting how it is here in Montana. Well I guess anything can happen given enough time. I don't carry a recorder, or even a pad/paper as I have not had an issue anywhere here to date. I have also been in this particular Wal-Mart...
  6. M

OC today on trip to town.. uneventful.. :)

imported post Well, this in Montana, and of course this forum doesn't get a lot of posts as it is. Went to town today, and since it had climbed into the 60's, it was hot.. I normally OC around the farm, and sometimes in town, mostly during the summer. I don't write much about it since there...
  7. M

New Member from Craig

imported post Greetings, I have read this site for some time, and I figured that I could give it a boost by finally joining up. Matt has done a fantastic job holding the fort here, and I slowly see the place growing. I grew up here (North of Fort Benton, and Helena), moved away for about 15...