• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by MSRebel54

1. MSRebel54

Supreme Court upholds HB2 - Says Hinds county judge erred. HB2 Now in effect

In a unanimous decision the MS Supreme Court reversed the injunction order of Judge WInston Kidd and allowed HB2 to become effective. story link
  2. MSRebel54

Vicksburg bans firearms on city property with city ordinance

Here is the AP story: Vicksburg board votes to ban guns on city property Posted: Jun 27, 2013 3:02 AM CST Updated: Jun 27, 2013 3:02 AM CST VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) - Vicksburg is banning firearms city property except for law enforcement officers. The Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen...
  3. MSRebel54

Attorney General's open carry opinion

Attorney General Jim Holder....er...uh...Hood issued the following opinion on open carry in Mississippi. I was just wondering what ya'll thought of it. *************** ISSUE (question posed by a police chief in Mississippi) AG Opinion dated June 14, 2012 Is there a law in Mississippi that...
  4. MSRebel54

Proposed Legislation

As I told ya'll, I'd let you know about bills, esp. Constitutional carry type bills that were introduced this year. There are at least three house bills relating to carry this year, one Constitutional carry, and one relating specifically to open carry. (I haven't checked the senate bills yet)...
  5. MSRebel54

North Ms Get together

Oxford OC Meet Well, I would call this hugely successful. I enjoyed meeting some other members of the forum, the talk, AND the meal! I thank everyone who took the time and effort to make this go well. One pic turned out fairly decently, though not everyone's in it, and it is below. Ya'll can...
  6. MSRebel54

How can I exercise my Constitutional right to bear arms in Mississippi?

imported post My question to the AG, the DPS, or lawyers, or whoever would be tasked with answering this question, is for them to tell ME just how I can exercise my Constitutional right to keep and BEAR arms. Article 3 Section 12 of the MS Constitution, clearly and unambiguously states the...