• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by MyWifeSaidYes

1. MyWifeSaidYes

Anti-gunners out to squash pro-gun HB 48 on Tuesday

So, our legislators think that HB 48 will come up for discussion this week and the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence is calling all their supporters. They plan on having a 'virtual advocacy day' on Tuesday by lighting up the switchboard at the statehouse. Here's a link to the story...
  2. MyWifeSaidYes

Open carry holsters

If you aren't in a car, you can tape it to your face if you want to. This guy did...
  3. MyWifeSaidYes

Suggesting an "interim CHL renewal" to enable reciprocity with NICS states

Disappointed that you recently received or renewed your CHL just before the NICS check was included? Call your legislators and suggest an "interim CHL renewal". If you need to know who your state senator and representative are, and how to contact them, go here...
  4. MyWifeSaidYes

APRIL 19, 2014 - Patriot's Day Celebration and Gun Rally

On April 19 1775 the Battle of Lexington began at daybreak with "the shot heard 'round the world", starting the Revolutionary War which led to our Independence as a nation. Come celebrate our freedom with like minded fellow citizens by rallying at the Statehouse from Noon to 3:00 pm. Open...
  5. MyWifeSaidYes

Moms Demand Action attacking Staples

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/moving-forward-guns-without-congress Moms Demand Action checked off Starbucks as a win and is moving on to Staples. They indicate this will continue with other companies.
  6. MyWifeSaidYes

EVENT - Oct. 29 - Pro HB203 Rally and Testimony

Here is the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/437684453006666 Come on up/down/over to Columbus on October 29th for the Proponent Testimony hearing for HB203. Before that starts, we'll be having a Pro-HB203 rally at the Statehouse. Thanks to the efforts of forum member...
  7. MyWifeSaidYes

Anti-gun meetings and statehouse testimony

This was received from Toby Hoover's anti-gun group: ------------- You are needed. VIGIL October 11th Quad County Coalition for the Sensible Regulation of Guns Second Friday Peace Vigil Friday, October 11 at 4:30 in Tiffin at the Courthouse Square. ---- SUMMIT October 27th Multi Faith...
  8. MyWifeSaidYes

Interesting article about Oberlin firearm laws

http://theoberlinnewstribune.com/local-news/city-fight-state-carry-laws/ I doubt Oberlin actually wants to fight the fight that Cleveland couldn't win. :rolleyes:
  9. MyWifeSaidYes

Morrow County Fair Board (Mt. Gilead) thinks I am a "radical troublemaker"

Dropped by Mt. Gilead in Morrow County on Friday to take some pictures of what the fairgrounds looks like before the fair setup starts. Saw those pesky signs: Some were on ticket booths (no problem) and some were on fences surrounding the grounds (problem). Notice that they are posted...
  10. MyWifeSaidYes

My wifes extreme views

My wife believes in "Don't hurt anybody" laws and "Don't steal anything" laws and that anything else is harassment...and she thinks her views are extreme? Any feedback for her?
  11. MyWifeSaidYes

Call Sen. Portman re: confirmation of BATFE director

The Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence wants Senator Portman to vote to confirm BATFE Acting Director Todd Jones as the permanent Director of that agency. In my opinion, that is reason enough to ask Senator Portman to NOT confirm Todd Jones for that position. Please urge Senator Portman to...
  12. MyWifeSaidYes

OFCC Party in the Park on August 11, 2013

Ohioans For Concealed Carry is having their annual Party in the Park on SUNDAY, August 11. Everyone is invited. Open carry is okay, but firearms are not required. Admission and parking are free. If you want a catered lunch, tickets are available until July 31, otherwise bring your own. For...
  13. MyWifeSaidYes

Definition of 'valid identification'?

ORC 2923.126 says a licensee must be "carrying a valid license and valid identification", but it does not define what 'valid identification' means. I've been told that it means a valid, state-issued ID card or driver license. BUt which law says that?
  14. MyWifeSaidYes

Man who was beaten by 'bored' teens, dies.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/ap/ap/crime/ohio-man-who-was-badly-beat-by-bored-teens-dies/nYpYs/ Beaten by SIX teenagers, all of whom were 13 or 14 years old. I'm sure glad I open carry a handgun for my own protection. And have more than 6 rounds on me.
  15. MyWifeSaidYes

Cincinnati PD - To serve and protect - and abduct - and falsely accuse and imprison -

So, a cop abducts your kid from school, tells the administrators NOT to inform you, coerces a false confession from your kid by threatening you, coaxes you back to the cop's apartment and suggests he can help if you have sex with him...and still winds up leaving your kid in jail, lost in the...