• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Nevada carrier

1. Nevada carrier

My letter to Clark County Parks and Rec.

Sent to; CCPR Police Div. CDR.: Roy A. Michael CCPR Director: Jane Pike CCPR Assistant director: Mindy Meyers I will keep you updated on the responses
  2. Nevada carrier

permitted events held on public property

This question pertains to the effect SB175 will have on event permits. As some of you know, some jurisdictions here in Southern Nevada REQUIRE that a permittee bar people from bringing "weapons" into the event, even though it's held on public property, and is sometimes free to attend. Also...
  3. Nevada carrier

Open Carry Blue Card Burning Party, let the planning begin

SB175 has passed the legislature, sadly, without the inclusion of campus carry. Nevertheless and assuming it is not vetoed by the governor, which I doubt will happen, The time has come for us to finally have a get together, celebrating our victory! I propose we gather at either Sunset Park or...
  4. Nevada carrier

Sen Judiciary Chair Brower, refuses to hear AB148, A.k.a. Campus Carry

URGENT ACTION NEEDED! It seems Senator Brower is confirmed that he will be refusing to hear AB148 and is killing it. Which is odd because he voted in favor of it in 2011. Read more here: http://votefiore.com/2015/05/08/if-you-cant-walk-the-talk-i-will-hold-you-accountable/
  5. Nevada carrier

Interesting read RE: Open Carry in Public Buldings

The following was submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committeee ahead of today's hearing on AB352.
  6. Nevada carrier

[CALL TO ACTION] AB148, referred to Senate Judiciay, Unleash the dogs

It is my pleasure to report to you that Assembly Bill 148 has cleared the Nevada Assembly and has now been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. We must make a continuous effort to urge Senator Greg Brower, Chairman, to schedule a hearing and work session on this bill. If his offices...
  7. Nevada carrier

Campus Carry Roundtable Discussion, 6:00 PMT Thu, 3/26/15 @ UNLV BEH Rm. 218

I just received the following in an e-mail this afternoon... I know it's short notice, but if you are a student, related to a student or have lawful business on campus from time to time here in southern Nevada, please make an effort to attend. I will be attending. Good Afternoon: For those of...
  8. Nevada carrier

Anti campus carry rally at UNR Wed. 3/25/15

Let's see if we can get a large group together and show them how many people support AB148. https://www.facebook.com/events/828161080603991/
  9. Nevada carrier

UNR teachers schedule rally against AB148 on wed. 3/25/2015

We need to show up and show them how many of us there are that support AB148.. https://www.facebook.com/events/828161080603991/
  10. Nevada carrier

Cortez-Masto Accidentally Testifies in Favor of Campus Carry

If you know what to look for, usually your opponent will make your argument for you... please like and share! https://youtu.be/3PiAnQiNLtw
  11. Nevada carrier

Some AB148 Spin Videos

Vice Chancellor Cortez-Masto busted telling fibs https://youtu.be/0RLPZChHz6U
  12. Nevada carrier

Metro trespassed someone from my property today; with video

I have a few questions for those of you familiar with trespassing statutes as well as our citizens arrest statutes. Once I am notified that there is an official warning of trespass, can I detain this someone myself? If so, can I apply reasonable force to prevent them from escaping custody...
  13. Nevada carrier

GOP takes control of both houses of the Navada Legislature

after Tuesday's mid-term election, Freedom loving Nevadans have a rare opportunity. With the GOP taking control of both houses of our legislature, we finally have a chance to repeal Clark County's carve-out for handgun registration, strengthen the preemption statute to remove any and all...
  14. Nevada carrier

High Roller misrepresenting NRS in "no weapons" sign

I noticed a no weapons sign on the door at the entrance to the high roller; picture attached. The statute cited reads: " NRS 202.253  Definitions.  As used in NRS 202.253 to 202.369, inclusive: 1.  “Explosive or incendiary device” means any explosive or incendiary material or...
  15. Nevada carrier

Demilitarization of police could be a new reality

No matter where you stand on the issues surrounding the shooting of an unarmed teen in Ferguson, MO, I think most will agree that the militarization of the police has gone too far. That being said, I don't often agree with Democrat representatives, but in this case I do; whole heatedly...