• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by proud_to_serveUSAF

1. P

Back to Alabama Again...

I'm headed back down to work on our house in Glencoe and of course will be OCing as usual the whole time I'm down there. I haven't seen much on here as far as that area and definitely haven't seen anyone else OCing while in town so I'm trying to find a good pamphlet to carry and handout for...
  2. P

Danville OC

How goes it guys and ladies. Just want to know if there's anyone on here around Danville and surrounding areas and if you'd be interested in getting together a monthly OC dinner or something. PM me or post on here and let me know.
  3. P

Gadsden/Glencoe/Hokes Bluff

imported post I've been spending weeks at a time in these areas redoing a house we have there. I've been into the Gadsden Lowes just about every day I've been down there. At least over 100 trips all together in the last couple of months. Only one comment from an employee. It'll be quicker...
  4. P

KelTec P11

imported post I finally shot the P11 I bought a few weeks ago. I have the trigger almost touching the grip before the hammer drops and there is almost no tension on the trigger until that point. I'm just wondering if that is normal on this gun and I just haven't shot something with that long of...
  5. P

No carry in places of worship

imported post I don't know if carry in churches is allowed in any state, but for the sake of argument I'll go with it's not like here in VA. How can the government get away with banning carry on property that they do not own and shouldn't this be some type of deal where seperation between...
  6. P

Carrying a backup firearm

imported post Although most of my friends and family "tolerate" me OCing, I'm getting a lot of grief for carrying a backup gun. I just recently purchased a P11 to conceal as backup while OCing. Now I'm hearing, why do you need two guns, that's just rediculous, that's more than paranoid, etc etc...
  7. P

Ammo - What is max that can be carried in a handgun?

imported post What is the maximum amount of rounds you can legally carry in a handgun in VA?
  8. P

KelTec PF9/11

imported post Anybody carry a KelTec PF9 or 11? Just wondering what you think of them. Supervisor has one he's never fired and selling for half-price to me. Take it?
  9. P

AMTRACK

imported post I'm headed to AL next weekend and taking the train down and driving back. I definatley want to at least pack my gun to go down there with but I just saw they don't allow it, even if you check your bag (according to their website). However, I was thinking that I read something that...
  10. P

Transfer of firearms

imported post A guy I work with from GA is thinking of selling me one of his guns. I live in VA. What is required for a transfer of ownership?
  11. P

Transfer of arms

imported post I'mtalking with some guys down here at my base about transfer of firearms in VA. What is required? Any paperwork. I know these guys don't have records so what else?
  12. P

Citing of open carry being legal in NC

imported post A friend's sister was trying to tell me last night "I asked a cop and you can't do that in NC. You need a permit" I told her shewas wrong and she asked for proof. I'm headed home in a few hours and need to find this for her before I leave. She has stated she doesn't want to do it...
  13. P

Convincing the g/f

imported post :cuss:So this doesn't have to do with open carry necessarily, but it does have to do with carrying. Let me lay out the situation here for you guys. Tonight, my girlfriend informed me that two of her roommates have told her they "feel uncomfortable" with me coming in carrying a...
  14. P

Travel

imported post
  15. P

Younger Generation

imported post So I'm just curious for the "younger" OCers out there, do you guys ever get the :cuss:from the generations after us. I'm 23, so society still views us as mostly incompetent, trouble making youth. The only real problems I've had with anyone saying anything while OCing is usually...