• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by REDFIVE48

1. REDFIVE48

NC OC experience reports

Now that is hard to read due to as you correctly state, convoluted loop on loop laws, but even in the convolution, I believe I am perfectly legal. 14-415.11 Scope of CHP says can't carry a concealed handgun where they serve alcohol 14-269.3 says can't carry a weapon into place that serves...
  2. REDFIVE48

NC OC experience reports

I use section 5 of the Shall not apply to section (5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or is exempt from obtaining a...
  3. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

Excellent idea, thanks!
  4. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

Follow up: I received the recording of the 9-1-1 call, luckily I heard correct when he stated I did not threaten him. His very telling line was this "I want the police to come out because I want him to understand you can't do that, you can't challenge me like that." I also talked to the...
  5. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

In preparation for the complaints I am contemplating filing with state and county boards of elections investigations divisions, so far have not been able to get the recordings of the 9-1-1 call or any cameras present, but I had an email exchange with the responding officer to the scene (I think...
  6. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

I appreciate the feedback, perhaps you can elaborate on your post a bit for me as I am not sure I understand your message? To answer your original question, I do indeed have an NC CCW card issued by my county's sheriff (Mecklenburg). I assume you are posting the listing of statutes and...
  7. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

I too am not a lawyer, but I do read what lawyers say: Can I bring my gun with me to vote? It depends on where you vote. There’s nothing in Chapter 163 of the General Statutes (Elections and Election Laws) that prohibits bringing a firearm to a polling place. North Carolina is not unique in this...
  8. REDFIVE48

Issue while voting

Was voting in Charlotte at my local polling place (a church) yesterday while OC my Glock 43. I filled out the first form where you list your name and address and sign it and was directed to the tables to get my ballot. While waiting in line for my ballot, a poll worker approached me very...
  9. REDFIVE48

Cornelius Park Posted

Little more than half way down :( Anyone know if this was addressed previously?
  10. REDFIVE48

Gotta love these YouTube Ranger types

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=B7WaJ0nWfXs I engaged in poking holes all over his stupid arguments and it eventually lead him to delete the entire discussion thread from the video. SMH
  11. REDFIVE48

Is Arkansas really a Gold Star state?

Seems that until the courts sort themselves out, AR should not really be noted a Gold Star state on the Open Carry map? What do you guys think?
  12. REDFIVE48

OCer cited for OCing in Walmart

Seems there is either confusion with the LEO or the AG. Anyone know the deal with AR now? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chRibdPkmIo
  13. REDFIVE48

Manual safety on a Glock?

Question popped into my mind as I have carried a Glock for a long time and started to wonder. If Glock made no changes to their internal safety's but also added a manual external safety, would you use the manual safety? If no, leads me to the next question of current guns with external...
  14. REDFIVE48

Practical Tactical Podcast adds to the division among gun owners - Starbucks

Casey, the site owner, had stated it's time to Eat our Own because the Open Carriers ruined Starbucks (to be fair, seemed mainly targeting the long gun carriers). http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/ Lots of CC or don't carry at all, state laws be damned, attitudes from the...
  15. REDFIVE48

Neighbor trouble

Put one of these up :)