• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by revis_jonathan

1. R

OCed for the first time yesterday - Mooresville/Belmont

imported post Well, after sitting in the car for a couple of minutes wondering what questions I would hear I stepped out of the car for the first time carrying and unconcealed handgun (Glock 23 in a blackhawk serpa holster). My first stop was the BP station next to Shooters Express to get me a...
  2. R

BASS PRO @ Concord Mills

imported post Have you ever OC-ed in BP? Have you ever been stopped? The store manager and Loss Preventon guy told me you cannot carry in BP at all, but two associates told me otherwise.
  3. R

Charlotte Area Shooting Range

imported post Where are some good ranges close to Charlotte in NC?
  4. R

Which is the best "Ladies" gun?

imported post My girl friend wants a gun and I would like to get her one, but I really don't know whatshe wouldprefer. She really doesn't like large hi-recoil calibers so I was thinking maybe a 380 auto Bersa. She is very fond of the 17HMR, but I don't think I would want one of those in a...
  5. R

What not to say in a gun store

imported post I went to my local gun store and got to talking randomly to one of the clerks. He said a while ago some guy and his friend came into the store and went up to the counter. He said that the guy with his friend by his side states to the clerk," Give me all your money!" In a blinkthe...
  6. R

Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian Reservation

imported post Okay, I am having one he*l of a time trying to out the rules for firearms on the indian reservation. I have a permit, but do they honor it? There law says something about you cannot even car in a car unless you have authority to do so, but what o they mean by authority? Has...
  7. R

Robbery Foiled!

imported post Today I heard a down-right awesome self-defense story. The story is vague because i'm unsure of all the details: In my hometown a robber attempted to rob a liquor store. The clerk handed the money over to the robber. At that time either the clerk noticed the robber was unarmed or...
  8. R

deadly force laws for Kentucky

imported post What is the deadly force laws inKentucky for: 1- Homeowners 2-In public places 3-In hotels 4-In a vehicle I'm familiar with SC very well, but over the years the laws kinda blend together.
  9. R

deadly force laws in GA

imported post What is the deadly force laws inGA for: 1- Homeowners 2-In public places 3-In hotels 4-In a vehicle I'm familiar with SC very well, but over the years the laws kinda blend together.
  10. R

Deadly Force Laws in TN

imported post What is the deadly force laws inTN for: 1- Homeowners 2-In public places 3-In hotels 4-In a vehicle I'm familiar with SC very well, but over the years the laws kinda blend together.
  11. R

Deadly Force Law in NC

imported post What is the deadly force laws in NC for: 1- Homeowners 2-In public places 3-In hotels 4-In a vehicle I'm familiar with SC very well, but over the years the laws kinda blend together.
  12. R

39-17-1307

imported post 39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon. — [Amended effective January 1, 2008. See the Compiler's Notes.] Does anyone have the scoop on this amendment? I have never OC'd in TN, but I frequently visit and i'll probably OC next time I do so. I...
  13. R

New to OC in NC

imported post I'm a SC resident with a SC-CWP. I often conceal carry in NC, and have never open carried. I'm interested in doing so, but am hesitant about what reactions I may get from LE. SC does not allow OC with I pray they will change one day. Any suggestions to a newbie to OC in NC...