• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Ruiner

1. R

My house was shot while I was standing behind where it hit.

imported post My adrenaline is still going, but I need to get some of this out, as everyone around me is downplaying it as much as possible. I just moved back from Purdue, and have been at my step dad's since saturday. I was trying to sleep ( in the family room with large windows facing the...
  2. R

I have to move to IL this summer for a job...

imported post :( :( :( I'm taking an Internship with Allstate Insurance and will be moving there for the summer. To say the least, I'm not very happy my Sig 229R will not be accompanying me anywhere. From what I've read, I don't even think I'll be bringing my weapons with me due to the strict...
  3. R

Do you guys think this would be appropriate attire?

imported post I normally sport a collared button up shirt, but with the warmer weather, looking to stay a bit cooler. Think this would be appropriate?
  4. R

Visiting Tennessee and hoping to get specifics on carrying

imported post According to usacarry, your state honors my Indiana permit, and it seems Tennessee you can open carry. I'm going to be staying at a hotel, and probably going to a couple resturaunts here and there for the 3000GT/Stealth National Gathering ( a week long race event ) that is...
  5. R

My new carry gun....

imported post Took some time, but I finally managed to plunge into a nice carry gun. I picked up a Sig 229R in .40 Caliber. Went shooting for the first time the other day, and after 3 or 4 tries was able to draw from the holster and hit a target dead on at 20-25 feet or so. Made me a very...
  6. R

OC'ed infront of 4 officers at the gas station...

imported post I picked up my Sig 229R 2 days ago, and have a Blackhawk Serpa Level II holster. I've been open carrying for the most part on the last 2 days, and trying out different places. I've been to Wendy's, several gas stations, Meijer, and tonight I finally decided to try the OC infront...
  7. R

New to the forum and OC'ing

imported post Just thought I'd say hello, and that I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a while, and figured it was about time to join. I'm waiting on a new gun to begin open carrying, but figured I'd say hello. I'm originally from the South Bend area, ( Granger, IN ) but currently at...