• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by SDguy

1. S

Walmart Carry Incident

imported post A relative who works at the Rapid City, SD Walmart relayed this to me. He was present so is telling me what he personally saw. This took place on March 26, 2009. Several Rapid City police cars and the sheriffs department arrives to the front of the Walmart in a hurry. They...
  2. S

South Dakota firearm laws could change

imported post For those who are interested a few changes in SD firearm laws have been worked over in the state legislature this sesson. 1) A bill hotly contested went down in flames. This bill would have prevented colleges from creating or enforcinganti concealed carry rules for its students...
  3. S

Nebraska/South Dakota border

imported post I live in South Dakota not far from the Nebraska state border and often have to cross between the two states. Nebraska does not accept any other state CCW and will not issue a CCW to a non resident of Nebraska. I sure wish Nebraska would get its act together with some reciprocity...
  4. S

OC by the bad guys?

imported post This is just a point for discussion. Let's assume that OC becomes more popular and the movement grows across the nation where it is legal to carry openly. Let's say that it becomes fairly common so that both the police and citizens see it often enough that they are no longer...
  5. S

Family carry?

imported post Elsewhere on this site I read of many guys who claim that one of their reasons for carrying is to protect their families. I follow that as I do the same. However, since you can't be with your family members all the time I wonder how many of your spouses or adult children also...
  6. S

Why do you carry a gun sir?

imported post It seems to me that we should come up with a card the size of a business card that answers that question professionally, clearly and concisely so that we could present that card to everyone who asks us this question. The card could even direct the individual to this site for more...
  7. S

LEO encounter in Lusk

imported post Carried openly allacross Wyoming when on a trip with my semi auto 9mm on my belt in a highride holster. It was very visible. Stopped to eat at a local restaurant in Lusk, was seated by the waitress to noticed the gun but treated me no different than anyone else. The restaurant was...
  8. S

New Member in SD

imported post Until today I have been a lerker at this site. I live in western SD but travel regularly in the ajoining states to South Dakota. I carry regularly but lately have done so open carry without any problems with folks. I just returned from a trip from SD thru Wyoming and to Colorado...