• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Sharpender

1. Sharpender

Outdoor shooting areas - Sandpoint

Hello... I'm looking for an outdoor shooting area around Sandpoint. I do not want a range master, or an other "do this, don't do that" types looking over my shoulder. Is there a shooting pit or something similar nearby? Thanks!
  2. Sharpender

Mass Shooting Intervention

I just finished reading "10 Lessons for Armed Citizens from the Aurora Theater Mass Murder" at http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/10-lessons-for-armed-citizens. It got me wondering if anyone here has changed the weapon they carry in light of the mass shootings in Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin...
  3. Sharpender

German Shepherd save #1

So I'm OCing on my nightly walk with my German Shepherd last night about 8:00 PM. I was in University Place walking in my neighborhood and about to make a right on Grandview and head north. I see two teens in the backyard of the corner house...no fence. One of the kids starts running towards...
  4. Sharpender

OT - Your Brother's Keeper

This is OC off topic, but as I've said in the past, I value your opinions. Theoretical Scenario Setup: You are married, and have a twelve year old daughter. You are the coach of your daughter's soccer team and regularly play at elementary schools. You have a strained relationship with your...
  5. Sharpender

Under the influence?

I'm wondering what everyone does about oc/cc ing while under the influence of a controlled substance. I don't drink, but I am taking Percocet as well as a couple of muscle relaxers and other things. I'll be having a spinal fusion sometime in the next 30 days, after recovery I'll be done with...
  6. Sharpender

Kids and guns...how young is too young to protect themselves?

Sorry, this is going to be a little off topic as far as open carry goes, but I've come to trust the members of this forum more than any other. I've also searched the forum without luck. Now, having properly buttered you up, here is my question. I have an eleven (almost twelve) year old...
  7. Sharpender

Potential For Disaster at Drum Intermediate School in U.P.

imported post This is off the "open carry" topic, but I believe this is relevent. http://www.kirotv.com/news/21522299/detail.html http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-Fake-Iraqi-vet-arrested-after-talking-to-University-Place-students-69176777.html We had an incident at my daughter's school...
  8. Sharpender

RCW 9.41.050

imported post RCW 9.41.050 (1) (b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any...
  9. Sharpender

Shooting areas in Pierce county/Mt. Rainier?

imported post Hello all...can someone recommend some legal outdoor shooting areas in or aroundPierce County/Mt. Rainier? I'm not interested in gun clubs with outdoor ranges. When I lived in CA a buddy and I would head to the desert with 9s, shotguns, an SKS, a MAC90, anda couple of propane...