• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by SicSemperTyrannis

1. S

Just emailed Henrico asking them to update inaccurate information on their web-site

I just emailed the Henrico managers office and police chief asking them to update their web-site to reflect changes to the code of Virginia that became effective today. Henrico's website still says fingerprinting is required for concealed handgun permits, you must pick up your permit in person...
  2. S

Chesterfield Man arrested for open carrying NEAR a school

WWBT-12 just had a confusing story about a Chesterfield man arrested today for open carrying a handgun near a school. The charge was carrying on school property, but the story clearly stated he was "near" the school while walking near his house and that the police said "he was close enough that...
  3. S

Victory at Gibson's Gril in Richmondl!!??!

I noticed the "No Weapons" sign was gone from Gibson's Grill today. Several of us had written letters/postcards about the sign going up about a month ago. I went inside and asked about the (now missing) sign. I eat there often and I know everyone by name. The manager (Jessica) wasn't there to...
  4. S

Gibson's Grill in Richmond - now prominently posted in neon as anti-gun at front door

I work near Gibson's Grill (on 7th and Broad, across from the Federal Courthouse and next to The Natiuonal Theatre). I've open carried there before, and have seen other open carriers there several times, such as after Lobby Day when maybe 15 of us were there without incident. I also know the...
  5. S

Great MSNBC article on open carry

imported post http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32492783/ns/us_news-life/
  6. S

Del. Joe Morrissey writes pro-VCDL letter to editor - R-TD

imported post Delegate Joe Morrissey has a pro-VCDL letter to the editor in the Commentary section of today's Richmond Times-Dispatch. He notes he supports many positions VCDL disagrees with, but his purpose for writing is to strongly and unequiviclably support the VCDL position in the dispute...
  7. S

Two of us Open Carried at the Sarah Palin Rally in Richmond

imported post You only had to go through the metal detector to sit right around her in the stands immediately surrounding her. If you were going to stand only40 yards away, you could (apparently) open carry a loaded firearm. Chris (richarcm) and I bothhad three guns in the carat the rally...
  8. S

Todays Lead Editorial - Richmond Times Dispatch on Guns & the Election

imported post Presidents have vast influence in certain areas, such as foreign affairs, and their positions on those subjects command attention because their views could shape history. In other areas, presidents have considerably less influence. But their views matter still, because the...
  9. S

HBO Series Treu Bloos - Main character open carries everywhere

imported post The second episode of the new HBO series Tru Blood was on last night. The main characters younger brother open carries everywhere he goes throughout the first and second episode, 100% of the time. He is a portrayed as a good ole boy Louisiana redneck, but he's one of the good...
  10. S

RE: CHP Replacement for new address

imported post Third time is a charm? I went back to the Henrico Clerk of the Circuit Courts office again today to replace my CHP with a new one with my current address. Unfortunately, the first two times the only person in the office who apparently processes anything to do with CHP's was either...
  11. S

Anyone have a copy of Chet's federal civil rights lawsuit?

imported post The recent series on guns in Virginia included a sentence noting that Chet's filed his civil rights lawsuit against the city "last week". Anyone have a copy, or know where I can locate one?
  12. S

Senate Committee Defeats Attack on Virginia’s Preemption Laws!

imported post Senate Committee Defeats Attack on Virginia’s Preemption Laws! Tuesday, January 22, 2008 Please Contact Members of the Committee and Thank Them for Voting NO! On Tuesday, January 22, three anti-gun proposals that targeted Virginia’s commonsense firearms preemption statute...
  13. S

Has McDonnell Filed an amicus brief yet?

imported post The text below is from an NRA News item. Has Virginia Attorney General McDonnell filed an amicus brief yet? Last I heard (less than a month ago) he had not. How about a group effort to recommend that he do so by contacting him via his official web-site? The opinion of the Attorney...
  14. S

Mayor Bloomberg Press Release - P. 10 of todays Parade Magazine

imported post I wrote Parade a letter in response, I will mail it tomorrow. Check out the story on "illegal" guns that lauds Mayor Bloomberg's effortson page 10 of todays Parade magazine in the Sunday paper. It'll make you gag.
  15. S

I saw a unicorn at the VCC Ukrops- was that you?

imported post I was open carrying at the VCC Ukrops in Henrico today around 5:30 p.m. and saw a fellow open carrier!The Unicornwas a middle-aged white male dressed casually (no tie or anything like that) and he picked up a prescription at the pharmacy then left without buying anything else. I...