• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by slapmonkay

1. slapmonkay

What Would You Say to Someone Who Freaks Out at the Sight of a Gun?

Obviously it would be best and preferred to kill the request on its face. If it proves difficult as an individual on a board of others, to squash it, make sure you don't run afoul of the updated state preemption...
  2. slapmonkay

HB 102 Signed by Governor - Permitless, campus and Restaurant&Bar carry plus other enhancements

We just got HB 436 passed out of committee, it will be going to the house floor tomorrow. Hopefully we can get this bill passed as it would address the issue you brought up. The purpose of the bill is to strengthen the state preemption statute by striking the remaining things local municipals...
  3. slapmonkay

HB 102 Signed by Governor - Permitless, campus and Restaurant&Bar carry plus other enhancements

I don't nessesairly disagree with your assessment. I even agree that if challenged the courts would side with the open carrier. However, that person would need to be willing to violate the unconstitutional law and challenge it in court. MOST people wouldn't be willing, so providing the safer...
  4. slapmonkay

Well I mean everyone seems to disagree with you: NRA: Montana: Governor Greg Gianforte Signs Permitless Carry Legislation Into Law NRA: Constitutional carry passes in Montana National Association for Gun Rights: Montana becomes the 18th constitutional carry state! MT Free Press: Gianforte...
  5. slapmonkay

@solus, Montana now has 3 state's of carry. None of them are 'defined' via legislature but rather implied by implementation. Open Carry Permitless Concealed Carry Permitted Concealed Carry MCA 45-8-316 historically has been the statute which made it illegal to conceal a firearm. MCA 45-8-317...
  6. slapmonkay

Preface: *If you only care about open carry, this bill is less exciting for you*. MT is already a very good state to open carry in with hardly any restrictions. However, if you are a type of person that switches between open and concealed carry, there are enhancements here that are good for you...
  7. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

I don't believe that was your original intent of your post and you are walking it back now... However, what you said in the above post is correct. I would like to encourage you to look at the section 9 text in HB102. HB102 is scheduled for the governor's signature on Monday and has an...
  8. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

@solus So you're talking about HB102, not LR130. LR130 just went into effect Jan 1 2021 and was the subject of my updates. It has changes to (2)(c). LR130 link: https://sosmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/LR-130.pdf HB102 is not yet final and has no substantial changes to that section. Like I...
  9. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

Montana does not have permitless carry (constitutional carry) in place, like I said before I am waiting until its signed by the governor. Never did I ever claim anything otherwise. As soon as its signed by the governor then it will be official and can be cited. I'm curious have you looked up the...
  10. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

I have cited to authority, the url to MCA 45-8-351, which has the actual language. The URL I provided is to the actual Montana State MCA's hosted by the State of Montana. Can't have any more authority than that. So I surely would love to understand why YOU call the url 'void'. 🤔 You, unlike me...
  11. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

I would absolutely LOVE to see your cite that says it's a violation of an MCA to 'place a loaded gun in console' within a vehicle. I'll wait... I'll save you the time, there are none. In fact, 'loaded' is never defined or referenced in MT gun laws and the Montana DOJ website specifically...
  12. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

Interesting... Montana continues to recognizes an individual 2A right within their vehicle. In fact, a firearm isn't even considered concealed in Montana within a vehicle glovebox, under the seat or in a center console, let alone anywhere else in the vehicle (not concealed on your person). You...
  13. slapmonkay

Montana Gun Laws

I clearly stated in the very first post that I only made changes regarding LR-130, which I specified was changes in "Restriction on local government regulation of firearms/State Preemption", <-- this is a section on the first post of this sticky thread. I further stated that I would be updating...
  14. slapmonkay

2019 HB325 Fix to preemption/Missoula

LR-130 has become law, and is currently effective as of Jan 1, 2021.
  15. slapmonkay

Mountain Line Transit - Firearm Prohibition

With the passage and effective date of LR-130 having passed I have renewed my conversation with MUTD regarding their continued violation of state preemption by restricting the carry of firearms on MUTD Buses. The previous slapmonkay.com url's are broken links but I have attached the MUTD Lawyer...