• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by SlowDog

1. SlowDog

Oldie but goodie

Can someone way smarter then me tell me the MCL covering carrying with CPL while hunting?
  2. SlowDog

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House Click here to vote in this week's poll. Last week, H.R. 822, was introduced in the U.S. House by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Schuler (D-N.C.). The measure would allow any person with a valid state-issued...
  3. SlowDog

Open invite for 2-6-11 breakfast get together.

Anyone interested....a few of us are meeting up for breakfast in Lapeer tomorrow Feb. 6/2011. @ 9:30. So if anyone's in the area stop by the Farmhouse on M-24. They are OC friendly :-)
  4. SlowDog

Breakfast Meet-up

Yea I know last minute but was sitting here reading posts and was thingking I need to go eat breakfast and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for breakfast anywhere. Will be heading out in about 30 minutes so if anyone is interested I am in the Redford area drop me a pm.....
  5. SlowDog

Just when you think your safe

I was at the range a few days ago shooting a new gun I bought. A real nice customized Colt Delta Elite Stainless 10mm. I Was shooting it at Bass Pro range off I75 & Baldwin rd. Tygereye was there shooting with me. As I was shooting she was behind me when she hollered out a piece of brass hit her...
  6. SlowDog

What are the OC/CC requirements for Indiana?

I am wondering what are the OC/CC requirements....say restaurant and public carrying in Indiana....thanx
  7. SlowDog

Our CPL and why I believe it should be recognized in all 50 states

OK....I am posting this because I have a question which brings me to an opinion on our CPL. According to the Constitution of the United States if we have a license from one state it must be recognized by all 50 states....ie marriage, business & drivers licenses. We have Concealed Pistol...
  8. SlowDog

Trouble at the Rock Financial Gunshow

I tried to enter the Rock Financial Gun & Knife show today with my son. The wife of the promoter said I couldn't enter with my weapon. She said it was illegal because the capacity was over 2500. I told her I was a CPL holder open carrying which allowed me and she said I was wrong and that she...
  9. SlowDog

Is this Serbu Super Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW legal in Michigan?

I am going to leave this to the more informed of the forum. Is this super short shotty legal in Michigan?it is a Serbu Super Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW Here's a pic......
  10. SlowDog

Man shot by police over reaction....you be the judge

I received this in an email about an incident of police shooting someone while responding to a MWG call..... >>> By LAWRENCE MOWER 2010 LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL Erik Scott Army veteran who was shot by police Saturday worked for medical devices company The man shot by police outside a...
  11. SlowDog

Man shot by police over reaction....you be the judge

I received this in an email about an incident of police shooting someone while responding to a MWG call..... >>> By LAWRENCE MOWER 2010 LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL Erik Scott Army veteran who was shot by police Saturday worked for medical devices company The man shot by police outside a...
  12. SlowDog

CPL

imported post I got my new CPL & its only for 4 years. Was under the impression they were always for 5 years. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?
  13. SlowDog

Designer

imported post I am looking for someone who can design some good logo's that are gun & OC related that I can have put on a T-Shirt. If anyone is good at this or does it for a living please let me know as soon as possible. Thanx :lol:
  14. SlowDog

READ & LEARN!!

imported post Here is a link to the 40 different new regulations proposed by Mayor Bloomberg and his Mayor's Against Illegal Guns. Also, go to their website to see which city mayor's are anti's.....like southfield's mayor.:cuss: http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2009/12/28/bloombergs-blueprint/
  15. SlowDog

Unregistered Gun

imported post I have a question. I think I know the answer but entrust you fine people to reassure my beliefs. My wife and I now own her grandfathers house after he passed. In it we found a pistol. It isn't worth a lot by any means. Just a Ravens 25acp but my wife wants to make it legal because...