• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Small_Arms_Collector

1. S

Pending gun bans

Is anyone working on this? Do we have bill text or numbers at least?
  2. S

Pending gun bans

Why is no one talking about the gun bans the communists currently have pending in Michigan? I can find almost nothing on them and people seem silent. They are attempting to pass “universal background checks” (I.E. a ban on private sales), “safe storage laws” (a ban on keeping guns loaded and...
  3. S

Open Carry in the Detroit Area?

Ignore the trolls, they shit in my thread too. I’ll actually answer your question, I have Open Carried in the Detroit area and nothing happened for the most part. The last time I did was a number of years ago but for the most part nothing happened, I did my thing, no one talked to me, no one...
  4. S

Carrying an unregistered pistol

I wasn’t arguing any of that wasn’t true and never even mentioned it so I have no idea what you are ranting about. Open carry is legal. I never said it wasn’t. Concealed carriers should not be required to conceal. I never said they should. I also never said anything about tasers. I never...
  5. S

I agree it’s not but never the less it is there and I don’t recommend being a test case. The question is about staying within the law as written, not the constitutionality of the law. If we were strictly talking Constitutionality I would be drilling some extra holes, there is not a single gun...
  6. S

And what has been presented? I ask for clarification on the one honest reply and all I get is you insisting I provide citations proving the registry even exists, despite it’s existence being common knowledge, to even ask the question.
  7. S

I suggest you research the word question in a dictionary. So you are honestly contending that Michigan does NOT have a pistol registration? Is that what you are claiming? Because you are wrong, a reading of the plain text of that section of law I cited for you makes that clear. See section 6...
  8. S

It is clear that you have no intention of actually answering the question and instead would rather be obtuse for no reason. But to satisfy your idiocy, Michigan’s pistol registration is covered under MCL 28.422, but then you already knew that, but instead of honestly attempting to be helpful...
  9. S

Not sure where or how you intend for me to provide citations for a question. The whole point of asking a question is that I don’t have the citations. That’s how questions work. The out of state CPL thing was a response to the only valid attempt to answer the question so far in this thread...
  10. S

If we’re done swinging purses I’d still like more information, especially about out of state CPLs over riding it.
  11. S

Interesting, I was not aware of that workaround. Any states that issue non resident permits online or by mail and won’t require me to take another class?
  12. S

Had an interesting conversation/argument earlier and I’m still thinking about it and thought I would get others opinions. So basically the conversation started over 80% and how to build one and still comply with Michigan’s ridiculous registration law (you just fill out the form as the buyer and...
  13. S

Cap and ball rules

Since ammunition and reloading components no longer exist and the shortage appears likely to last for at least the next 2 years if not longer (that’s how long the backorders alone are for at the distributer level from what I hear) I have taken alternative measures to continue shooting. Since I...
  14. S

Did the state just get taken over?

So with the passage of the ridiculous proposals 2 and 3 it seems to me that the communists have accomplished a monumental power grab and Michigan’s elctions will be perminantly rigged from now on with open rampant cheating. Or am I somehow reading it wrong? The new districting commision is...
  15. S

I need recommendations for a good tactical knife.

I am in need of a new tactical knife, but would like some recommendations. It needs to be a folder (my preference, and also effectively a legal requirement in Michigan) It CANNOT have a double edged blade (Michigan law forbids it) It needs to be spring assisted or an automatic I would like a...