• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Superlite27

1. Superlite27

OC'er confronted, harasser arrested.

Lawful OC'er gets confronted by a stranger claiming to be a Federal Agent and asked for I.D. The "federal agent" refuses to prove such, so OC'er calls police. The fool continues to insist he is law enforcement to the police, and based upon the OC'ers belief he was not free to leave, is arrested...
  2. Superlite27

Non-resident Permit...HELP!

Even though I have been carrying in Minnesota for about a decade, your state has recently dropped reciprocity with Missouri due to the fact that Missouri now issues CCW permits to lawful citizens under the age of 21. As I have friends in Grand Forks, ND that I often visit, I travel to East GF...
  3. Superlite27

Maplewood's annual "No OC'ers allowed" coffee crawl 2015.

Just a "heads up".... Maplewood Missouri's annual "coffee crawl" is this Saturday, March 28th 2015. If anyone remembers, two years ago, the Maplewood Patch did an article on several of us that were patronizing area Starbuck's and how we planned to attend their precious "Coffee Crawl". In...
  4. Superlite27

Firearm selection in Australia

A phrase in another thread about the legality of a .45 ACP made me curious about something, but not wanting to derail the thread, I figured I'd ask it here. Considering that some types of handguns appear to be legal, and others not, how does a person purchase a firearm in Australia? Not the...
  5. Superlite27

Carrying in Previously Forbidden Municipalities

I'm starting a new thread in a similar vein as "Where did you carry today......" but only with a narrower specificity: In what previously banned location did you carry today, and did you encounter any problems? While I rarely post in the "Where did you carry" thread as I OC everywhere I go, and...
  6. Superlite27

Ready for SB 656: Hello downtown St. Louis! Smile at my new body camera!

As OC will be lawful everywhere in Missouri in 30 days, I am preparing to fully exercise my rights by visiting places previously off limits by law. That facebook profile pic featuring me and my holstered 1911 standing in front of the St. Louis Arch has been on my mind for years. I anticipate it...
  7. Superlite27

From the least expected places.....

This morning, as I was entering the grocery store, I encountered a very well dressed, obviously "well to do" older lady (and I intentionally use the term "lady") as she was exiting. Normally, she would fall directly into the category I would stereorypically expect to turn up their nose and sniff...
  8. Superlite27

The next block we should chip away at after Peruta:

These are just my ramblings and wisps of thought after the 9th circuit's decision on Peruta and may issue, so please withold judgement on the validity of my idea, and simply assist on perfecting the rough idea I'm beginning to develop instead of simply dismissing it as a complete lark at the...
  9. Superlite27

Private sector "commissioned" police officers....how does that work?

I was just pondering how state laws work regarding the difference between private and public universities and how gun laws differ regarding the difference in administration. This got me thinking about the police and the bureaucracy regarding the difference, as well. I can understand how a state...
  10. Superlite27

A rather strange request at Denny's

I went into Denny's in St. Charles this morning, and was confronted by a server who promptly informed me that she would have to check with management to see if I could have "that thing" inside. I assume the answer was affirmative, as she soon returned and took my order. However, the manager...
  11. Superlite27

Strategem: Turning the tables on anti-2A talk of "closing loopholes".

I've noticed a resurgence in anti-gun talk of "closing the gun show loophole" or "closing the private sale loophole". (It never really died, but its visibility is on the rise in the rise/fall cycle.) So, we need to combat this tactic of anti-rights activists by introducing a strategy of our...
  12. Superlite27

Police officer tactics/OC'er counter tactics during "interactions".

In another thread, http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?115226-Video-Clifton-Heights-Open-Carry-Encounter&p=1951824#post1951824 a video shows an OC'er stopped by officers. The OC'er asks numerous questions such as "Am I being detained?" or "Am I doing anything illegal?", and in every...
  13. Superlite27

"Detained" when asked for ID?

Recently, in a case in North Carolina, a man named Nathaniel Black won an appeal because he was detained after another person in the group he was with was open carrying. However, the authorities argued that he was never detained until he tried to leave and refused to stop walking away. After...
  14. Superlite27

SAY IT AIN'T SO! Head of Chicago Cease Fire arrested....for domestic violence? HA!

I have always suspected a large percentage of anti-gun individuals are anti-gun because of their own "projected" inadequacies: For instance, they believe "I would be dangerous if I had a gun, therefore, nobody should have a gun because they would be as irresponsible and untrustworthy with a...
  15. Superlite27

Felons that lawfully carry

In another thread in N.C. about the 4th Circuit's ruling on U.S. vs. Black that determined officers wrongfully violated Black's 4th Amendment protections by searching him and finding a firearm without probable cause or RAS, the discussion has digressed into a discussion about Black wrongfully...