• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Tactical_Evo

1. T

Can you modify AR15 if you registered it as an assault rifle?

So, we all know that the state of CT had a law about number of "bad features", so adding collapsible stocks, etc were off limits. Do those rules still apply after the new laws went into affect last year, and I registered mine? Thanks.
  2. T

Do I need to register my .22 AK-47 under the Assault Weapons Act?

Will they even let me own it if I declare it as an AW? The model name is specifically: "AK-47" by GSG. I purchased it in CT though in 2010 from a legal firearms shop. I've got some more pics here. It is a Rimfire .22LR with a detachable mag, and a pistol grip. The only thing that is a grey...
  3. T

Register These Handguns Under New Law?

I read the newsletter that I was linked to in another post, and I'm going to say "yes - these need to be registered as 'assault weapons' per the new CT laws". I think it's insane being that both of these magazines came with the respective firearms pictured and were legally purchased in the state...
  4. T

Do I need to register my .22 AK-47 under the Assault Weapons Act?

As the title states, I have a .22cal rimfire rifle. It is a Kalashnikov endorsed AK-47 made by GSG. All of the documentation I had been reading boldly outlined the word "centerfire", but in one of the FAQs on DESPP it said somethings about rimfire rifles with 2 or more features of an assault...
  5. T

AR and High Cap Mag Registration

Hey Guys, As the year winds down and Jan '14 gets closer and closer, I have really been thinking a lot about the new mandatory registration laws. I have had a small sliver of hope that eventually we may see some of these new laws overturned and won't have to reg all of the stuff we have in...
  6. T

Had a conversation about OC with a Bloomfield LEO.

So, I was at my sister's house for a BBQ recently. One of her guests was a LEO who works in Bloomfield on the force, and claims to have been working as a LEO for about 17 years. I was not carrying my firearm on me that day, but I raised the question with the officer: "How do you guys treat...
  7. T

Pump Shotgun Laws

Hey Guys, I just picked up a Maverick by Mossberg 88 pump shotgun this past weekend. It's a 20" barrel 12-gauge home defense pump shotgun with an 8-round tube. Can you tell me: What are the laws regarding modifying this weapon with accessories? ...specifically, can I put a pistol grip on the...
  8. T

Question About State Parks And Carrying

So, I did some searching and came up on this article: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0472.htm I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.. Does this say that the only way to lawfully carry a handgun in a state park or forest is if you meet both of the following criteria?: a) have a...
  9. T

Question Regarding "Brandishing" in CT General Statutes

I just had a conversation with a friend who is going to be taking the NRA safety course so that he can begin getting his CT pistol permit. He then raised a point with me that, he would never open carry (which I respect and I chose not to from time to time). But he did raise a point that alarmed...
  10. T

Right or Wrong? Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8r4MK3R4PI
  11. T

Wow... New NY Gun Laws

WOW... That's all I have to say. http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-074653716.html
  12. T

Recommendation on Carry...

Hey Guys, So... I am new to the forum, and after reading some valuable information on here today, I figured I would create an account. First off, I appreciate what you are all doing here, and think this is a great resource - THANK YOU! Here is my situation and question: I have had my CT...