• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by TexasOC

1. TexasOC

Keeping the Maps subsection of OpenCarry.org up to date

Another thing... I actually made a map for my own use that shows which states give posted "NO GUNS" signs the force of law (making ignoring an anti-gun sign a crime). The info is taken from handgunlaw.us and is NOT my original research. I'll post it here just in case anybody else finds it useful.
  2. TexasOC

Keeping the Maps subsection of OpenCarry.org up to date

The Maps subsection of the OCDO website is a tremendous resource. People can get a good idea of what they can and can't do at a glance. I find it particularly useful because I travel across state lines on a weekly basis for my job (open carrying wherever possible, of course). As such, I think...
  3. TexasOC

Carrying inside Phoenix Mountain preserve

I came across this sign at the entrance to a trail up Piestewa (Squaw) Peak. I was under the impression that bars and restaurants that serve booze were the only places in AZ restricted to permit holders. Can anybody explain? Is it outdated? Illegal? I ignored it and nobody seemed to care, but...
  4. TexasOC

Teen Arrested, Suspended for Shooting a Dinosaur (In a Story He Wrote)

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/20/teen-arrested-suspended-for-shooting-a-d Political correctness gone mad.
  5. TexasOC

Pistol OC coming to Texas...

...but is it a good thing? I ask the question because when it does pass here, it will almost certainly be LICENSED open carry. A step in the right direction? Yes. But what will this mean for unlicensed long gun carry? Furthermore, if licensed OC passes now, how long will we then have to wait...
  6. TexasOC

I never thought I'd say this...

...but I did my first OC today! I've lurked on these forums before, but never posted anything. Thought I would share the experience with y'all. I'm from Texas, where (as most probably know) OC is illegal with handguns. However, I travel to Wichita every so often for work. Although I fully...