• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by The Trickster

1. The Trickster

State Parks

According to the AZ State Parks website: "Q: Is carrying a firearm legal in Arizona State Parks? A: Carrying a firearm inside any of our park's buildings is restricted (ARS 13-3102). Secondly, Arizona State Parks Rule R12-8-119 can restrict the carrying of a weapon outdoors. We do not ban...
  2. The Trickster

Senate OKs bill to let retired officers carry guns in bars

PHOENIX (AP) - An Arizona Senate committee has passed a measure that would allow retired police officers to carry firearms into bars. Republican Rep. Sonny Borrelli sponsored the measure that would allow retired sheriffs and police officers who served at least 10 years and were honorably...
  3. The Trickster

Visiting Vegas from Arizona

I'll be staying on the Strip for a couple of days and nights next month and I was curious if anyone could provide some basic dos and don'ts for me to keep in mind. I have an AZ CC permission slip which, to my understanding, is honored by Nevada for those times when I so feel like CCing. Thanks...
  4. The Trickster

Tribal Land

While I am aware that tribal lands are considered sovereign nations and as such, many have their own prohibitions concerning the possession of firearms, I am curious as to whether or not those of us who are not tribal members have any sort of "right of passage" while passing through? That is, if...
  5. The Trickster

Gilbert Council changes policy, allows guns in public buildings

Gilbert Council changes policy, allows guns in public buildings Jonathan Reid, The Republic | azcentral.com 10:39 a.m. MST December 22, 2014 Gun owners with a state permit can now carry a concealed firearm inside all Gilbert public buildings, reversing a previous policy that made such deadly...
  6. The Trickster

Gilbert Constitution Fair

Did anyone attend this event? If so, did they restrict carry? I wanted to go but could not attend due to work-related drudgery.
  7. The Trickster

Expandable Baton

In addition to carrying a pistol and folding knife, I have recently started to carry an expandable baton in my pocket on occasion. Does anyone else here do this to supplement their pistol? My logic in doing so is that there may be a situation which requires a little more than I can muster with...
  8. The Trickster

Tempe Town Lake Fireworks

Does anyone know if Tempe will be restricting the rights of the citizenry to exercise their Second Amendment rights while at Tempe Town Lake on the 4th? As I recall, in subsequent years they have claimed to have the authority to prohibit firearms.
  9. The Trickster

Sky Harbor Airport: Random Vehicle Searches???

I had to drop off my wife at Sky Harbor today and while there, I noticed signs stating that random vehicle searches may be conducted. Did I miss something, or is the Fourth Amendment still on the books? Has anyone ever heard of any of these searches actually taking place? If so, details please.
  10. The Trickster

Apache Junction McDonald's No Guns Policy

Upon discovering the sign posted at the McDonald's at 2383 w. Apache Trail, 85220, I sent a complaint to corporate concerning the sign/policy since I was under the impression that all franchised locations must follow the corporate policies of McDonald's and concerning firearms, they follow...
  11. The Trickster

Barsony Holsters

I'm looking to go with a leather rig for OC and even CC and I came across this Barsony holster and dual mag. holder for my Glock 21: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400438213677?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I like everything about it but am always leery about ordering...
  12. The Trickster

Convicted Felon Around Gun Owner?

A family member on my wife's side will soon be relocating to Arizona and he is a convicted felon who will be on parole for a number of years yet to come. Due to his relation to my wife, contact between him and I will be unavoidable. This presents a unique situation for me as up until this point...
  13. The Trickster

Rights on Public College Campuses?

Concerning colleges and universities that are publicly funded here in Arizona, my understanding is that I can leave my pistol secured in my vehicle but cannot carry while on the campus. Is this true? If so, can anyone cite a statute? I am starting school at a Maricopa County community college in...
  14. The Trickster

Sprouts Farmers Market

For those who may not be aware, although not posted at any of their stores, Sprouts Farmers Market is not friendly to any mode of carry. This was their response to my inquiry: "Thank you for taking the time to share thoughts ideas about our decision to prohibit firearms in our stores. Please...
  15. The Trickster

Businesses Confused with ARS 4-229

It seems to me that many businesses here in Arizona that wish to refuse service to those of us who lawfully carry are confused concerning ARS 4-229. That is, many who do no sell alcohol post signage referencing the statute even though it has absolutely nothing to do with them since they do not...