• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by turbodog

1. turbodog

Northshore Breakfast

imported post With several new posters from the northshore area coming on board, I'm wondering if anyone wants to get together for some coffee/breakfast this Saturday (March 6th). I'm always interested in talking with fellow OCers and a couple of us up here are usually willing to meet up at...
  2. turbodog

Louisiana forms it's own Open Carry advocacy organization

imported post Starting an organization from scratch is no easy thing, especially when the group espouses an idea or activity that is not considered mainstream. In the public eye, LOCAL is based upon an unusual and sometimes frightening concept and display. No one disagrees that to promote...
  3. turbodog

Kenner gunshow

imported post Gunshow this coming weekend (Sept. 19-20) at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner. I gotta help a friend pour concrete on Saturday, but anyone wanna hook up Sunday for breakfast/lunch and check it out?
  4. turbodog

"No carry" ordinance in Amite City

imported post I've moved my whole post over here as I feel it deserves it's own commentary and it has little to do with the original topic (Walmart) it was posted under... crewdawg wrote: Excellent question! I don't have an answer that doesn't involve getting arrested, but still an excellent...
  5. turbodog

Kenner gun show

imported post Myself and a friend are gonna head over the the gun show at the ponchartrain center in Kenner tommorrow. We're gonna have a bite of breakfast at the IHOP on Williams blvd at about 8:30am. If anyone else is heading to the show early, and wants a shot of coffee and a hello, stop in.
  6. turbodog

Slidell gun show

imported post Just wondering if anyone was planning on going to the Slidell gun show this weekend.
  7. turbodog

Holster for Beretta Tomcat

imported post Anyone carry a Beretta Tomcat? I'm looking for a holster for my wife's lil' pistol. would be interested in hearing from folks who have one about the holster you use.
  8. turbodog

Firearm-free zones and motorcycles

imported post Looking up the business of firearm-free zones, I'm struck by this line in RS 14:95.6: "(5) Any constitutionally protected activity within the firearm-free zone, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle." So, if you OC while riding a motorcycle through a...
  9. turbodog

the ultimate gun owners grill

imported post Somebody had time on their hands...
  10. turbodog

Toe back in the water in Hammond

imported post Ok, so my one and only experience with OC being in the negative column, I once more venture the proverbial toe into the OC waters again recently in my new home area of Tangipahoa parish. As my sister and nephew had come down to visit and he had a passion for IHOP food, I thought...
  11. turbodog

Motorcycles and firearms

imported post http://www.chuckhawks.com/motorcycle_firearms.htm :D
  12. turbodog

How do states treat other states permits?

imported post In my state (Louisiana) your issued a "Concealed Handgun Permit". Which allows only concealed handgun carry (open carry legal w/o permit) Some states issue "Concealed Weapon Permit" Which seems to allow other weapons besides handguns. Still others seem to issue a "Permit to Carry"...
  13. turbodog

Firearm registration after private sale

imported post Came across these while doing a little law browsing. To my knowledge, Louisiana does not prohibit private sale of firearms between individuals (except felons of course). I've bought and sold a few myself over the years and never registered any.Just wondering if this is a potential...
  14. turbodog

Here's questions for all who open carry

imported post I've been reading folk's stories of their experiences at OC'ing a firearm. Some have positive reactions from other citizens and LEO. Most seem to have neutral experiences (no one seemed to notice or at least acted like it) and other have had negative reactions, especially from...
  15. turbodog

My first attempt at OC

imported post Hello all. New to the group and thought I'd share my one (and only) time of OC'ing a handgun. This happened a couple of years ago. My wife and I were out and about in Jefferson parish one day, and she decided she wanted to shop for a few bargains at a thrift store on Lapalco...