• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by vermonter

1. vermonter

College Students Sign Petition To Confiscate All Guns and Imprison Gun Owners!

These students eagerly sign a "spoof" petition to ban all guns, door to door confication, put gun owners in FEMA camps and even execute them! Too crazy to believe until you see the video. The problem is all the brain dead followers that vote for a few extreme fringe politicians and follow like...
  2. vermonter

Why do you need "Flash" ad's on the Forum?

Ad's like the annoying "3 Speed Holster" eat up to much bandwith and take to long to load for thouse plagued by a slow internet connection. Why not just put up a plain HTML ad? Cutsie mvoing banners are not going to make someone buy a product especially if they irritate PPL! Has this gone from...
  3. vermonter

Force of Law - No Gun Signs & Must Inform Law Enforcement - MAPS

I have repeatedly asked Open Carry admin to post these maps and was told "Why Don't You Make Them". Well, I did! I am sure they will not post them for others to see with their chosen maps like "machine gun ownership" (what that has to do with a carry forum I don't know). These maps are much more...
  4. vermonter

Driving Through University of Iowa Campus

I need an answer from someone who is sure of the answer. My friend who live in Iowa was wondering if it is legal to drive on the roads the traverse the campus with a CCW. The law says no guns on campus. Are the roads public and part of campus? Many main roads go through the UofI campus
  5. vermonter

Cop Baiting in St Joeseph County

My cousin is a reserve in the St Joseph County Sheriff's Department. He is pro 2A like most of his co-workers. He called me in Vermont last night (Sat July 21) to tell me about an incident that occurred earlier in the evening in the county area. An OC'er was doing his thing and apparently...
  6. vermonter

If You Want A Map Go To The Liberal Sites - NOT OCDO!

Members of OCDO have repeatedly asked for the addition of maps of importance to carriers and ignored. Now maps of "Stand Your Ground" laws are all over the Internet, but not here so gun owners can make educated choices. This site is about carrying - and what do we have - a machine gun ownership...
  7. vermonter

What REALLY Makes a State Good For Self-Defense & Carry

When I determine what makes a state good for gun owners I consider the follow to be the MOST important points. I don't care about machine gun ownership - It is more important that I am able to defend myself legally wherever I have a right to be. 1) Stand Your Ground Law: Right to defense...
  8. vermonter

New Mexico Should Rally and Write Their Reps!

I keep reading about off limit CC or OC in this or that place that sells alcohol. Why not get a bill going that only applies to sitting at a bar or saloon, or bar/saloon area like applebees. Also prohibit carrying while intoxocated or drinking alcohol. That way you can go into Applebees and have...
  9. vermonter

Stand Your Ground Maps

Since admin refuses to put up relevant maps and prefers to display "machine gun ownership" which is totally useless to OC or CC, I have decided to post some of my own. I need to know what states I can actually defend myself, and where I need leave my gun in my trunk by law when I go shopping...
  10. vermonter

More Map Suggestions

I suggested that the owners make maps for "Stand your Ground" States, but it fell on deaf ears. It seems that having a machine gun mape is more important on an OC forum. Here at the bottom of this WV Carry site are 2 maps for "Public Info" and "Permit Exemption frm NICS"...
  11. vermonter

Still No Important Heat Maps On OCDO

After repeated requests to the admin of this board we still have no Maps for "Stand Your Ground" states, and States where No-Gun signs have weight of law. I would like to see a heat map of those rather than one that shows where you can own a machine gun, WTF? Handgunlaw has all the "Weight of...
  12. vermonter

What do you make of the opinion of the prominent attorney that DEFENDS gun owners?

I would agree with him only of a "force of law" was passed on "no guns" signs. In Florida felonies are agressively prosecuted. I know this is old news, but OC will come up again. There are very few signs now left over from the 1987 "shall issue" sheeple scare. I would hate to see them pop up...
  13. vermonter

Found An Interesting Post About OC

This seems to be a growing problem.... Signs going up b/c of open carry. Not a problem in states where signs have "no force of law". Even in states where they do I just ignore them and CCW anyway! There is no doubt there is backlash. My suggestion is if you see a sign just pull a shirt over Mr...
  14. vermonter

ALERT!!! BOYCOTT WALGREENS - and write them to tell them you are done as a customer!

consumerrelations.bb@walgreens.com COPIED ARTICLE - MODERATOR PLS remove Ad -tried but unable- Hero Gets Fired for Using a Gun to Stop Robberyby John R. Lott, Jr. The police described it as an armed robbery and a hostage situation. Before dawn on Sunday, May, 8th, two robbers stormed into a...
  15. vermonter

Found this online - Opinions?

I found this article online. It states that effective immediately upon publication there is an immunity from a disorderly conduct charge and a licensee may not be charged etc, etc (read below). It also says WI will accept any license if there is training and a background check. Can I assume that...