• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Resisting & evading or obstructing an APD officer yet APD didn’t wish to proceed with charges?

wabbit

Per KRQE,
Albuquerque Police saw Armando Romero back in September, he was trying to unlock a white truck at a motel near Coors and Iliff. Officers trying to help him, found out he had a warrant for his arrest.

They tried to question him about it, but he took off running into oncoming traffic on Coors. Romero led the officer on a dangerous chase.

They tried to question him about it, but he took off running into oncoming traffic on Coors. Romero led the officer on a dangerous chase.

Romero continued to run into traffic and even tried to catch his own ride from multiple cars. At one point, the officer grabbed onto a semi-truck to try to catch up to him.

Romero can be seen trying to hold onto a car as a driver pulled over. Once the officer caught up to him, he was trying to jump onto the back of a pickup truck.

...charges have been dismissed because APD didn’t want to proceed with the case. It’s unclear why they didn’t want to go forward...

Ghost1958

Per KRQE,
Albuquerque Police saw Armando Romero back in September, he was trying to unlock a white truck at a motel near Coors and Iliff. Officers trying to help him, found out he had a warrant for his arrest.

Romero continued to run into traffic and even tried to catch his own ride from multiple cars. At one point, the officer grabbed onto a semi-truck to try to catch up to him.

Romero can be seen trying to hold onto a car as a driver pulled over. Once the officer caught up to him, he was trying to jump onto the back of a pickup truck.

...charges have been dismissed because APD didn’t want to proceed with the case. It’s unclear why they didn’t want to go forward...

Romero appears to be some LE agencies C.I. Same type thing happens here all the time . A LE agency wants Romero on the street for some reason.

OC for ME

Building up his street cred?...until the news hits the streets that the cops likely did not persue charges cuz Romero is on their payroll...may not work out for Romero in the long run.

wabbit

The CI concept ran through my mind but immediately dismissed it as no LE agency would be stupid enough to allow it to be publicly announced in the local news, oh wait it is the land of disenchantment after all so anything is truly possible here!

thanks!