• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monroe county now a sanctuary county

gutshot II

There are now 28 2A Sanctuary counties in Ky. All done since Dec. 1st. Amazing. Who says government moves slowly.

gutshot II

Here is the current list of Ky. Sanctuary Counties:
Adair County

Anderson County

Bath County

Boyd County

Bracken County

Breathitt County

Carter County

Casey County

Clay County

Cumberland County

Estill County

Gallatin County

Grant County

Grayson County

Hancock County

Harlan County

Hart County

Hopkins County

Kenton County

Knott County

Lee County

Leslie County

Letcher County

Lewis County

McCreary County

Magoffin County

Menifee County

Monroe County

Pendleton County

Pike County

Simpson County

Spencer County

Trigg County

Wayne County

Wolfe County

More votes by Fiscal Courts are scheduled. This changes so quickly, it is hard to keep up. 28 down and 92 to go.

gutshot II

Now I am concerned that this movement may not continue if all the anti-gun bills are withdrawn. I think it will but we will have to wait to see.

Ghost1958

I think it will. Nobody was worried about the legislature passing gun control or red flag.
They know better and dont.

The worry that started this was little Andy's election and what he might try to do on his own.

That worry isnt gone.

gutshot II

I think it will. Nobody was worried about the legislature passing gun control or red flag.
They know better and dont.

The worry that started this was little Andy's election and what he might try to do on his own.

That worry isnt gone.

HOW?

Last edited:

Ghost1958

You know he cant and I know he cant . But many many think he can restrict the RTKABA by executive order. THAT is what started the 2a sanctuary movement carrying over from VA.

The legislature has no authority to pass any of Bill's that were proposed. None of them would stand a court challange.
The legislature knows this. It's why almost every one of the gun regulations in Ky are aimed specifically at concealed deadly weapons.

But the gun owning citizenry at large in Ky which is a huge majority in this state, either dont realize little Andrew cant do squat about regulating weapons on his own. Or believe he will try it anyway.

Hence the message being sent county after county to go pound sand we will not comply.

gutshot II

Yeah, but also there is a good-sized portion of the population that just don't trust "the system". They see treachery everywhere. They don't trust anybody. I have even had people tell me that they don't trust Damon Thayer to follow through on his promise that no new gun control bill will pass the Senate. If you can't trust SOMEBODY what is the point of rallying at the Capitol? What is the point of lobbying your representatives? Why bother, unless you can find one that you can trust to tell you the truth? One of these people told me that he was afraid that they would "sneak something in" and pass it. Talking to people like that is pointless.

Ghost1958

Yeah, but also there is a good-sized portion of the population that just don't trust "the system". They see treachery everywhere. They don't trust anybody. I have even had people tell me that they don't trust Damon Thayer to follow through on his promise that no new gun control bill will pass the Senate. If you can't trust SOMEBODY what is the point of rallying at the Capitol? What is the point of lobbying your representatives? Why bother, unless you can find one that you can trust to tell you the truth? One of these people told me that he was afraid that they would "sneak something in" and pass it. Talking to people like that is pointless.

I have to admit I'm one that trusts the system and people in it as far as I can throw 3/4 ton pickup.

I dont trust Thayer. Or when it's right down to it none of them.

The ONLY thing that has kept ky gun friendly is fear.

The legislature's fear of being thrown out of office, or passing some gun law that goes outside of the concealed carry area the ky constitution Grant's them some authority over. And having that lose in court.

With state a fed gov , rally's, 2A sanctuaries, contacting reps is NOT about trusting any of them.

It all about reminding them they are not rulers, that tyrannical laws will not be complied with and resisted.
And that they will be tossed out of office on their heads.

All that is about the gov having a healthy fear of the citizenry. As the founders intended when they insisted we the people be armed and able to throw off tyranny if need be.

Never trust a politician . He or she will bite you in the back while they lie to your face if it furthers their agenda. Unless he fears the consequences of his actions.
Hornback and red flag is a prime example of what happens when a official believes he cant be cast from office.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I have to admit I'm one that trusts the system and people in it as far as I can throw 3/4 ton pickup.

I dont trust Thayer. Or when it's right down to it none of them.

The ONLY thing that has kept ky gun friendly is fear.

The legislature's fear of being thrown out of office, or passing some gun law that goes outside of the concealed carry area the ky constitution Grant's them some authority over. And having that lose in court.

With state a fed gov , rally's, 2A sanctuaries, contacting reps is NOT about trusting any of them.

It all about reminding them they are not rulers, that tyrannical laws will not be complied with and resisted.
And that they will be tossed out of office on their heads.

All that is about the gov having a healthy fear of the citizenry. As the founders intended when they insisted we the people be armed and able to throw off tyranny if need be.

Never trust a politician . He or she will bite you in the back while they lie to your face if it furthers their agenda. Unless he fears the consequences of his actions.
Hornback and red flag is a prime example of what happens when a official believes he cant be cast from office.
Trust, but verify.....or is that to lenient?

Ghost1958

Trust, but verify.....or is that to lenient?

Never completely trust . Cant verify what a politician will do until he or she does it.
Better to let them know in no uncertain terms what the consequences will be for violating the constitution and their oath, before they do it.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Never completely trust . Cant verify what a politician will do until he or she does it.
Better to let them know in no uncertain terms what the consequences will be for violating the constitution and their oath, before they do it.
You mean slap their hand before they touch the hot stove?

gutshot II

The number of counties listed as having passed something on the Ky United website is now up to 70. These resolutions may be meaningless but the numbers can't be ignored. I was in a meeting last night and Shelby Co. has a vote scheduled for Feb. 4th. County Judge said he expects the vote to be unanimous. I also heard that some people were talking to Jefferson Co. officials. No news on progress.

Ghost1958

If one only thinks inside the box the state attorney general will build the resolutions are meaningless.

But they are not meaningless.
The resolutions and the citizenry driving them through are not thinking inside that neat little box.

These are 2A sanctuary resolutions. Not state constitution resolutions. Not what the AGs opinion is resolutions or even what the state gov does resolutions.

The 2A trumps all state gov and state gov laws as well as federal laws.

This is what many of us have always said is the case in ky.

The states citizenry is rock solid pro RTKABA. These resolutions are a United statement to the state and Fed that they can pass whatever null void law they wish but the line has been reached and they can take those illegal decrees and go pound sand.
There will be no compliance.