• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Bill 89

Ghost1958

Ahh another of those wonderful constitution minded republicans breaking their oath and proposing a bill that violates the constitution and supreme court decisions right out of the gate.
Already written my senator about this to defeat it.

OC for ME

It would not take much to get a cop tossed in the docket for enforcing this, if it is enacted. Cops know, or should know, Terry and Rodriquez legal requirements.

Is there a clear definition of an arrest in KY statutes? MO has such a clear definition.
RSMo 544.180. Arrest. — An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required. https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=544.180&bid=28711&hl=arrest%u2044

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It would not take much to get a cop tossed in the docket for enforcing this, if it is enacted. Cops know, or should know, Terry and Rodriquez legal requirements.

Is there a clear definition of an arrest in KY statutes? MO has such a clear definition.
"and must also show the warrant if required." The warrant is pretty useless without the affidavit that must be attached. The affidavit gives the facts upon which the warrant was issued. See In re Property Belonging to Talk of the Town Bookstore, Inc., 644 F. 2d 1317, 1318-1319 (CA9 1981)

Ghost1958

I would say it was public backlash once the bill had a light shined on it.

The ky senate leadership of either party does not wield that much control over senators.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I would say it was public backlash once the bill had a light shined on it.

The ky senate leadership of either party does not wield that much control over senators.
Senator Stephen Meredith has a degree in hospital management. What's the first thing the hospital asked the patient, name, address, date of birth and SS number. The hospital needs that information to get paid by the government. He is a creature of the government mind think of entitlement.

gutshot II

Your opinion. Your entitled to it of course. Even if it is wrong lol.

You ever get your county to go 2A sanctuary?
Vote scheduled for next Fiscal Court meeting, Feb. 4th. County Judge will introduce it himself and demand a roll call vote, so everybody has to go on record individually. He told me that he expects a unanimous YES vote. All the work done here by locals and independently of any state group. At the last organizational meeting, 1000 people turned out. County Judge, County Sheriff and all Republican candidates for state office were present. Not one democrat in sight.

gutshot II

Over 100 counties now signed up. A few with votes scheduled, a few with discussions underway and 3 or 4 opposed. Not much progress in Jefferson Co. and some conversations in Fayette, but no agreement yet.