• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

go utah's senate...decriminalized polygamy...

solus

BBC quote,
Utah's state Senate has voted unanimously to decriminalise polygamy among consenting adults.

Under current laws, anyone found to have multiple spouses could face up to five years in prison.

Proponents of the bill argue it would remove the secrecy surrounding communities which practise polygamy and allow victims to report abuse. But critics warn it could empower abusers.

The bill still needs to be approved by the state's House of Representatives.

Under the proposal, having more than one spouse - or bigamy - would be considered a misdemeanour, on a par with a traffic violation. unquote

not sure how the mentality that decriminalization would/could "allow victims to report abuse" or

how or who in the world would "issue" a ticket unless one of the "wifes" complained and now think about all the messy divorce cases you've heard/know about and truly contemplate seeing a gaggle of women fighting amongst themselves to rid themselves of their collective husband...

[ps presuming, perhaps incorrectly, polygamy is strictly a heterosexual marriage concept not a same sex gaggle!]

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Having three or four wives to service my needs is quite inviting as long as they worked outside the home to insure they maintain the lifestyle I've grown a custom too.