• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today, Virginia; tomorrow, THE WORLD!

user

Accomplished Advocate
In Virginia, where I live, primary elections are open to all registered voters - no one registers by their party affiliation. I've been trying to motivate Repubs. to vote on March 3 in the Demo's primary to get Sanders nominated. (The polls today show Bloomberg and Sanders in the lead with 22% each in Va.) I see Bloomberg as the real threat - it is my opinion that he is a lying fascist. His advertising and actions bear that out, again in my opinion. The whole point of his "gun safety" agenda is to obliterate the socially responsible, law-abiding folks' ability to defend themselves, thus creating (yes, intentionally and maliciously acting to create) an environment of more extreme and violent crime, in order to engender fear in the populace, as justification for the creation of a police state. The stop-and-frisk policy is a clear example of that result. He lies in his ads because Obama has not endorsed him. And he lies when he tells people that a law written on paper in a book will do anything to make anyone any safer from criminal violence. His "red shirts" (reminiscent of Mao's, and of the "brown shirts" in Germany and "black shirts" in Italy) are organizing to get Bloomberg elected and I suspect they will resort to violence to get what they want.

And just to be clear, the Demos are GOING to have a nominee - the question is which will one will present the least threat to freedom. Even if they win the election, wouldn't we rather have a crazy person who won't be able to deal with Congress, or a charismatic, wealthy, propagandist who can buy off every member of Congress to do whatever he wants, and whose purpose is clearly the destruction of the United States?

So I've been trying to get Bernie nominated - I can't imagine a world in which he could defeat Trump - but I can't get anyone interested. It would appear that Repubs would prefer to have Bloomberg, whom I see as having a real chance of getting elected - not honestly, of course. But can you imagine what this country will be like under Bloomberg?

"Mike will get it done." reminds me a lot of "He made the trains run on time."

Criminal prosecutions for political retribution? You ain't seen nuthin', yet. It'll be the political re-education center for you, your family, and all your close friends.

Ghost1958

Bloomberg is a spoiler. He has no chance of being elected. Or even being the nominee.
His sole purpose for running is to prevent Sanders from being the nominee as Dems know Trump will mop the floor with him.

user

Accomplished Advocate
You'll be surprised at what huge quantities of money can do for a candidate - just this morning, I heard that Bloomberg has bought three congressman's endorsements. And he's not really a democrat, either - my understanding is that he's actually a Zionist, and affiliated himself as a democrat long ago, then as a republican in order to become mayor of NYC, and now as a demo again. He's an opportunist and an infiltrator, just using the system as it exists to further his own personal agenda. I betcha he'll end up running as a third party candidate.

Va_Nemo

Im out there for Bernie also.

But if you watched the debate last night, Bloomie may be toast already.

Nemo