• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Surry County and Preemtion

I never thought so. I just wanted to help get more armed law-abiding people on the street. Some people, in some circumstances, might think it was a lot of money. To me, it was a pittance and no reason to waste my time. In fact, it was an inconvenience. I had other things to do. Anybody that...
  2. G

Apparently you didn't pay much attention to what was being taught. The course was never intended to be an all around firearms class or a marksmanship class. It was intended to be something that everyone could pass without becoming an expert. There was some good information on the laws dealing...
  3. G

I was an Dept. Of Criminal Justice Training certified instructor from 1996 thru 2012 and no ammo was ever brought into my classroom. My classes were held in my home. When a student arrived the gun and ammo were stored in the living room. The classroom was in the basement. I inspected the guns...
  4. G

Gun Rally at the Capitol Next Friday

And you replied: "Wrong. All the court is doing is telling the defendant to comply with the plaintiff's demand. The court is just the arbitrator between a dispute." It seems your statement agrees with my statement. So, we are in agreement. The court is doing the telling. Without input from the...
  5. G

A legislator, likewise, has no authority to demand a local government official do anything. One is a state official and the other a local official. Neither has any authority over the other. Even the Governor can not demand a mayor take any particular action. He could, as any citizen can start a...
  6. G

That would be the court telling them what to do, not a legislator.
  7. G

Of course any citizen can inform a local government officer of his misconduct. I have never said that they could not. They have no authority to order them to stop.
  8. G

In the context of passing laws to limit local official's action, of course they can but they can't just pick up then phone and tell then how to run their city on an individual or daily basis .That was the context of this conversation.
  9. G

And put a lot of private attorneys out of a job. The AG's office will investigate crimes but only those that are widespread or of particularity sensitive nature ie. Organized crime, political corruption, human trafficking, etc. They are not there to answer every stupid question for every stupid...
  10. G

So now they are law!? I'd rather be right for the wrong reasons, whatever that means, than just plain wrong, like you were.
  11. G

My efforts are not always fruitful either but, like you, I keep at it.
  12. G

State representatives are not law enforcement officers and have no more authority to order a local government to do anything than I do. This post is astonishingly uninformed.
  13. G

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/administrative+law https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/administrative-law.asp How many more you want. I got plenty. No they can't "pump out any law they want". As I clearly posted above, they are "clearly limited by statute and closely monitored...
  14. G

What and how can be regulated is narrowly defined and closely watched. I have been successful in getting two AR's repealed. One was the Ky. Nature Preserves that prohibited the possession of all firearms in a Nature Preserve. After months of fighting with them, they finally relented. One of the...
  15. G

Shelby County is now a 2A Sanctuary County

We're not finished. Several still in the works. Jeffereson Co. (Louisville) is a problem. Hardin Co. refused (dems. in charge). Fayette is tough but talking. We'll get more. It will just take more work. Some are just getting started. This has all been accomplished since Dec. 1st. Most County's...
  16. G

You can see the Shelby County resolution here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cs41cr13zl1xhz/Shelby CO. Sanctuary Res..pdf?dl=0 When I heard our County Judge/Exec. reading this in our old Circuit Courtroom (that is now the Fiscal Courtroom), where I have seen much injustice over the years, I...
  17. G

They are meaningless when they are taken one at a time or even a few at once. However the mere bulk of, now 103, counties passing such meaningless resolutions cannot be ignored by our state legislators. I doubt it will deter any of the democrat gun-grabbers but it will certainly make it harder...
  18. G

Well, the Ky. Legislative Research Commission disagrees with you. In Ky., the Ky. Administrative Regulations are law. Open this link and click on the tab near the top for "Ky. Law" and see what you get: https://legislature.ky.gov/pages/index.aspx
  19. G

No. It is not the "source". It is an indication of confusion. I said that a "regulation" could land you in jail and then you replied that you did not believe that a "restriction" could land you in jail. I believe that you have "confused" my use of the word REGULATION with the word that you...
  20. G

I It is not "Restrictions". It's "Regulations". Terrible confusion regarding those words on OCDO. The KAR is an compilation of laws inferior to the Statutes that are passed by executive branch agencies in order to apply and enforce their policies. No elected official is involved in writing...