• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. L

ANNOUNCEMENT - September MeetUp Concealed Carry Louisville

We will be meeting on Wednesday September 19, 2018 at 6:00 PM. We will meet at the Golden Corral 4032 Taylorsville Rd, Louisville, KY 40220. You can GPS that. They have full selection of food that, except for possibly a vegan, anyone can find something to eat, from salad to dessert. I would...
  2. L

March Concealed Carry Louisville Meetup

The regular monthly gathering of the Conceal Carry Louisville Meetup will be on TUESDAY March 13 starting at 6:00 PM at the Golden Corral, 4032 Taylorsville Rd, Louisville, KY 40220. We’re open to all CC & OC folks from the Louisville metro area. This month I am working on getting a criminal...
  3. L

February 2018 MEETUP Concealed Carry Louisville & Open Carry Announcement

The next Meetup for Concealed Carry Louisville, including Open Carry folks, is going to be on February 15. We are meeting at Tumbleweed Restaurant on the Outer Loop. The meetup will be from 6:00 till 8:00 or a bit later if we want to chat. I have talked to the GM and she is OK with open and...
  4. L

February Concealed & Open Carry Meetup Scheduled

Concealed and Open Carry Welcome To Attend. Meet, Greet & Eat. It's our monthly get together - 2nd one - for the Concealed Carry Louisville group. At the last meeting we decided to have a dinner meeting just to get to know attendees better and talk about interests in Concealed & Open Carry...
  5. L

Proposed Legislation 2018 session HB 189

HB 189 (BR 911) - R. Meeks, M. Marzian, A. Scott AN ACT relating to the regulation of firearms and ammunition. Amend KRS 65.870 to permit a city of the first class or home rule class, county, urban-county government, charter county, consolidated local government, or unified local...
  6. L

Concealed Carry Louisville Meetup

Yes. I know this is the OPENCARRY site but want to let every one know about the group. The Concealed Carry Louisville Meetup is scheduled for January 10, 2018, starting at 6:00 PM. Highlight is that we will have an instructor from the DOJTC at EKU who teaches law to police recruits. She is an...
  7. L

Top-selling handgun safe can be remotely opened in seconds—no PIN needed

One of Amazon's top-selling electronic gun safes contains a critical vulnerability that allows it to be opened by virtually anyone, even when they don't know the password. The Vaultek VT20i handgun safe, ranked fourth in Amazon's gun safes and cabinets category, allows owners to electronically...
  8. L

Explanation of Reciprocity Bill passed by House.

I came across a really good explanation of the reciprocity bill. Good things, bad things. It adds to the discussion. https://mylegalheat.com/blog/concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-passed-by-u-s-house-what-you-need-to-know/ Richard
  9. L

Conceal Carry Louisville KY Meetup

Hello from Louisville Kentucky, I recently passed my CCDW here in KY. As did my wife, who is now known as ‘deadeye’. She’s a mean shot with a S&W .38 Cal Bodyguard, and only started shooting 2 weeks before we took the class and test. She’s left handed as well, so you can imagine what that was...