• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. P

Discharged my weapon into two would-be armed muggers. THIS is why we carry........

Your opinion means little to noth....aw, I was just kidding, actually it doesn't mean anything to me. Theres' a difference between thinking you're a badass just because you carry, and actually being one because you had the balls to use it when you had to. You are the former, and you will never...
  2. P

Discharged my weapon into two would-be armed muggers. THIS is why we carry........

1. I changed all of one pertinent detail in one of the versions to protect my privacy and make the story, in fact, hard to look up. It's not always smart to go putting your name out all over the damn place after you've done such a thing. The city live in isn't all that big, MORON. Does that work...
  3. P

Cross-draw/cross-body carry?

To those who may not read my reply to your next post, it happened to me, but I was on alert at the time and had the mindframe of expecting it alright, so although their approach was sudden, i was able to react in time. They went straight to surgery while the cops and I joked around and ate...
  4. P

Thank you for the reply. And I absolutely agree with you about situational awareness! Unfortunately, most people's idea of what's dangerous and what's not comes from watching too much COPS, making their so-called "awareness" useless. The rest walk around hopelessly deluded, thinking, it would...
  5. P

OC holster choice

For OWB carry, I use a Blackhawk Serpa with a paddle mount. Very steady and secure, affordable, durable, and they're obviously widely used for a reason, but you gotta have your belt on fairly tight since with this holster, the ride is high and to the outside, but that's what can make your draw...
  6. P

I've been considering cross-draw OWB carry lately. I have a S&W SD9VE (a full frame gun) and I normally carry it in a Blackhawk OWB kydex paddle retention holster. That holster, I really like. So just to try cross-dawr carry (I'll call it CDC from now on), I removed the paddle and adjusted the...
  7. P

Well, I WAS going to give you the long version as to how I myself had to shoot two young gentlemen who approached me one night and put a gun to my head in an attempt to rob me, but as it turns out, you can't post anything over 1k characters, and the story and it's worthwhile details would...
  8. P

How am I supposed to delete my account?

Well, how am I supposed to delete it? I want to get a new one going but it's going to use the same email as this one, which for some reason is not allowed and I'm not going to use my work email. I'm not looking for a workaround, I am looking for how to delete my account.
  9. P

Why didn't someone carrying in that Texas Wal-Mart interviene to stop that mass shooting?

I'm from Texas, so trust me when I say with complete confidence that there *had* to be at least 20 handguns in that store at the time of that rampage shooting, either carried concealed or openly. So why didn't someone in posession of one of them stop the shooter? If we're going to say that we...
  10. P

how to fix walmart

If we are to preserve this precious right of ours to OC, then in the real world we have to be low-key, humble, and nonconfrontational. If you are asked to leave, then LEAVE. IMMEDIATELY. And say NOTHING whatsoever other than "Have a nice day, goodbye." Sticking a camera in some wage-slave's face...