• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Tess

R.I.P., Ed Levine

There is going to be a Celebration of Life Memorial for Ed Levine, who died unexpectedly at the beginning of this month. 3 pm to 8 pm on Tuesday, November 29 at: Cascades Overlook Town Center 21453 Epicerie Plaza Suite 200 Sterling, VA 20164 There is a public parking garage near the Harris...
  2. Tess

Cross-draw/cross-body carry?

I find cross-draw comfortable, and when using my shoulder holster, I'm perhaps more comfortable than with any other gear. My sole concern is that there is no way to cross-draw and present on target without sweeping whatever is in front of you. That's something I find myself extremely...
  3. Tess

New Open Carry booklet

A member of the "Open Carry Movement" group on Facebook developed =AZUJeX1Qu29KK8SRWO5pxIYjfQoSG4p6Pr5nGiEI5uKoK5LLIHXaU69IP78j09AvjeZcOlxBthF0GISlb5NKBudLCB1owcztmc_5YDZGxbV6lsqV8HtfKstcx26ANm-vxkws1bFVxvD9wSuZwB7EGRAN&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R']this file. I'm not sure those of you without Facebook can...
  4. Tess

NRA Women ~ 'To open carry or not to open carry' article

Probably a good thing I hadn't yet read it. Don't plan to. I agree. "I don't open carry myself" means the credibility is nil. Of course, NRA has never supported open carry, so one should not expect any different.
  5. Tess

Issue while voting

IANAL, nor am I intimately familiar with NC laws. I wonder if a case could be made based on "§ 14-277.2. Weapons at parades, etc., prohibited. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket...
  6. Tess

Greater Richmond OC Dinner - Tues, December 14th @ 7:00 p.m.

Oh, how I miss seeing the crowd. ONE of these days.....
  7. Tess

#Rolling4the2A

Hope everyone has seen the plans to thwart the gathering limits and the carry restrictions, while still carrying our message to Richmond on Lobby Day. Follow rolling4the2A.com for details.
  8. Tess

Greater Richmond OC Dinner - Tues, July 14th at 7:00 p.m.

Sorry. Turns out we're not going to be able to make it.
  9. Tess

Greater Richmond OC Dinner - Tues, July 14th at 7:00 p.m.

Put us down as three *possible*, please. We'll confirm as the date gets closer.
  10. Tess

VCDL and PVC in the news

They have an organizational structure that refuses to delegate, or to recognize and seek newly developing skills. The webmaster, bless his heart, is the webmaster despite the fact there are dozens in the organization who have design and web skills. The Board is reluctant to adopt anything it...
  11. Tess

Farewell to a Dear Friend... Kevin Kilcoyne (zoom6zoom)

Bob, it's only chance I happened on this post; I seldom read this section. I knew Kevin, though not well, and am dismayed by this news. I knew he was diabetic, but not the extent of the disease. THANK YOU for this notification. I am very sorry to hear this. Please accept our condolences for...
  12. Tess

7th Congressional District, Delegate NICK FREITAS

I sure would like to see Freitas run for governor.
  13. Tess

Lobby Day 2020: The Don "Peter Nap" Litton Memorial Latrine

To be completely accurate, VCDL was initially told by Richmond PD that we'd need 15. VCDL paid for those. Soon, a member realized that was NOT enough. He paid for more, and convinced another donor to pay for more. THEY chose to place the signs requesting donations. I hadn't seen or known...
  14. Tess

Checking in

Good to see you check in! I've missed you. Yeah ... Would not surprise me to see a 1000-person Lobby Day agin. Too bad it happens *after* bad things, not before.
  15. Tess

November 2nd (DC Rally) GUN OWNERS ARE GOING TO DC at the DC front lawn.

Just think the presence we could have had there if those who stayed home because "not enough people will go" actually did......
  16. Tess

Beautiful weather, good crowd (2000-3000)). I talked to folks from MA, VT, CT, NJ, NY, PA, MD, DC, VA, NC, CO, IL, TX, FL, CA. Connecticut Citizens Defense League charted a bus. Dynamic speakers, all open to individual discussions, shaking hands, etc. Gabby Franco sought me out for a picture...
  17. Tess

Time is now changed -- will start at 1230
  18. Tess

DC 2A Rally

I will probably attend, at least for a while. Those of us who stay home and say "Well, not enough people will attend" contribute, IMNSHO. Plus, in over 60 years, I've never attended a protest in DC. I guess I should do that once before I leave the area.
  19. Tess

A thought after you have used your SD firearm to defend yourself/loved ones...

This response admits you fired the shots. Even that might be wiser left unsaid until your attorney is present. Call 911. Request ambulance and police. Render aid if safe and you know what you're doing. Call your attorney.
  20. Tess

Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority

Interesting. Our Community Service Boards are county agencies, but, I believe, state governed. Guess I have more research to do.