• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Anubis

a pro-gun bill! Senate Bill 13-062

It doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of passing, but it is fun to read. It requires armed security at no-guns businesses and holds the business liable for injuries to those of us present would normally be armed...
  2. Anubis

Iowa resident CC permits now good in Colorado

I realize this does not concern OC, but I think this will interest Iowa residents. See the Colorado Bureau of Investigations page http://cbi.state.co.us/ic/Reciprocity.html Because (a) Iowa now recognizes Colorado CC permits and (b) that is the only requirement for Colorado to recognize the...
  3. Anubis

not local, but interesting LEO contact with OCer

imported post Found this somewhat funny. I think the OCer got exactly what he asked for in this case. http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/85326-my-negative-encounter-ocer-today.html
  4. Anubis

data regarding carry-policies of several chain stores

imported post I found someinformation about several chain stores, including somewith corporate policies allowing legal carry, OC or CC. Second-hand, but it feels authentic to me; you might find some of it interesting. It includes several corporate contact points, as well as references to OCDO...
  5. Anubis

Have you purchased a handgun in DC recently?

imported post I know that it's now barely possible to register and own certain handguns in DC. If you are a DC resident who has actually bought a handgun lately, please describe the purchase. (I seek first-hand reports only; reports of a wife's dog's veterinarian's uncle having done so would...
  6. Anubis

National Park carry bulletin

imported post Found this at VCDL, a copy of a DOI document regarding the new rule. http://vcdl.org/letters/NPS_Firearms.pdf Note it explicitly states that open carry is not permitted (a topic of discussion at our meeting yesterday), with some kind of hunting-related exception.
  7. Anubis

wheelguns OK, next?

imported post So it's now barely possible to register a 6-shooter in DC. Any legal actions going on related to forcing acceptance of semi-auto pistols? Still seems like disallowing the entire class of semi-autos is a direct violation of the Heller decision.
  8. Anubis

2A resolutions in 82 Illinois counties

imported post I understand that Illinois politics is controlled by Daley and the Cook County machine. Is there any significance, then, in the fact that 82 of 102 Illinois counties has passed pro-2A resolutions? Will the resolutions lead to accomplishing change?
  9. Anubis

digital voice recorders?

imported post After perusing recent posts here, I have decided to get and carry a DVR. None of the ones I have researched have an externalmicrophone that can be attached to a lapel. I usually don't wear shirts with pockets, so I would carry theDVR in a pants pocket. I wonderif the built-in mike...
  10. Anubis

Vermont history queries

imported post I have seen inthreads in this section that both prohibition of carryin certain placesand potential hassles for open carryare the same in Vermont as they are elsewhere. Other than those conditions, we outsiders hear that Vermont has no legal restrictions on concealed carry. Has...
  11. Anubis

Colorado laws related to open carry

imported post No Colorado statute bans open carry outright, but there are a couple of restrictions; also in addition to the infamous Denver ban on open carry, there are a couple of other local ordinances in Parker, Breckenridge, and Pueblo concerning open carry. The Rocky Mountain Gun Owners...